April 20, 2024, 12:26:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 mkII False triigering notes and midi data  (Read 811 times)

TheXIT

Keylab 88 mkII False triigering notes and midi data
« on: September 03, 2022, 05:15:59 am »
When I hit certain notes like B3 for example, on my Keylab 88 mkii it is triggering two notes ( B3 and A#3) and also random controller information. I upgraded to the latest firmware and also held down the Octave + and - keys when powering up to do a reset. the problem persists.

In:  90  47  3C  |  Ch 1 Note On  B3
 In:  90  46  44  |  Ch 1 Note On  A#3
 In:  80  46  7F  |  Ch 1 Note Off A#3
 In:  80  47  0A  |  Ch 1 Note Off B3

This keyboard has had very little use and has probably only been moved 5 time in a nice Gator softcase with wheels.

What is wrong with it and how to I fix it?

Thank you!

teolp

Re: Keylab 88 mkII False triigering notes and midi data
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 01:14:53 am »
Hi, I'm having the same issue.

My Keylab 88 mkii triggers random fader information too when pressing B3, A#3 and A3, and these three keys are, suspiciously, the only ones that make a clicking sound. When pressed they have a distinctively different sound from the rest. I bought my Keylab a year ago and have always noticed the clicking of the keys but had not payed much attention to it, and I've only now realised that this might be related to some mechanical problem by which these particular keys trigger a signal that they shouldn't. Have you had any more information about this?

Judging by the striking coincidence of our problems, as it seems this arises specifically in the same region of the keybed, I fear this could be a hardware problem that some units have right out of the factory. My theory might be wrong, but to me the similarities between what we are both experiencing point towards this.

I will try to contact Arturia directly, though I haven't got any experience with their customer support and I don't know if it's easy or not to get information from them directly. I would very much like to hear if you have gotten any more info, or to find somebody else with this same problem.

Thaleon

Re: Keylab 88 mkII False triigering notes and midi data
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 02:22:20 am »
Hi folks,
I was having a very similar issue with my 61 mkII. Everything was going well until I downloaded the update for the midi control center on 10/31/22.  I was experimenting with getting my CV gate to properly control my DFAM and trying to setup some different user templates. I went into Device settings and changed Daw Map to Live. THen regardless what template I am using, certain keys will activate different parameters in live like Key E5 now toggles the punch out and A5 toggles record. Very frustrating. I deleted and installed an older version of Midi Control Center. I have restored the keyboard to factory defaults with the hold both octave buttons while powering up procedure and even installed an older version of the firmware. I think installing the older version of the firmware may have done the trick. I am afraid to upgrade it again to test it out now that it is working again. Also when I restored to the older firmware I went into the Midi Control Center under Device Settings and saw that DAW Map was set to default MCU. I changed it to live.

Other steps I tried were to delete both of the Midi Drivers I saw in my device Manager. I am pretty sure Windows just downloaded the same ones...

Now finally everything seems back to normal.
Good Luck!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2022, 02:57:02 am by Thaleon »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines