April 11, 2021, 03:00:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 88 MKII: Noise when playing key (ie mechanical noise, keybed noisie)  (Read 382 times)

Amos

I just ordered a Keylab 88 MKII and 3 of the keys are surprisingly loud. Sort of a crunchy sounding click. One of the keys almost feels like it sticks a little bit, and there's a noticeable second click when the key is released. Is this a common issue? I'm considering whether to return for a refund of an exchange.

Peppe

Hi,
I also have the same problem, but it concerns two consecutive keys. However, I noticed that by leaving the key pressed and applying a little force, the noise vanishes, and then reappears after a while of inactivity. I bought the keyboard for a week and this problem bothers me. Did you solve it?
Thank you

Frake

I also have the same issue. When the keys are pressed it's not that bad, but when they are released (especially if quickly, especially the black ones, especially in the middle of the keyboard), they hit smth inside quite loudly. The sound is as strong as if I would drum with my fingers on the body of the keyboard.

It was not that bad at the beginning (I have received my keyboard 3 months ago), but it becomes worse with time. Would appreciate any advice on how to solve it.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
I'd contact Support - they're normally really helpful. It could well be a fault. I haven't used the 88 Mk2 but I understand that the keybed is one of the best weighted hammer actions available. That said, I have also owned another brand's hammer action keyboard & I found it noisier than my synth action & semi-weighted keybeds.

Re: a possible fault, I bought a KeyLab Essential 61 but one of the keys was 2-3mm higher than the rest. So I exchanged it for a Mk2 assuming it would be better quality but it had a similar fault - another key protruded by a few mm!

So I tried one more go & got another Mk2 & that's been fine.

So it could indeed be a manufacturing fault. Sadly things like this aren't limited to Arturia - I've also returned 2 keyboards from different brands in the last 6 months due manufacturing issues (one was a completely dead key, the other had a key that made a loud crunching sound!).

Perhaps I've just been unclucky... 🤣

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines