April 20, 2024, 11:34:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware update - broken presets  (Read 1387 times)

cb101

• Apprentice
Firmware update - broken presets
« on: January 16, 2021, 08:32:44 pm »
I applied the new firmware update 3.0.6.1069 using Midi Control Center.  This reported the firmware update was successful.  I sent the factory preset project 3.0 to the Microfreak.  I got multiple failures to move various individual presets.

I studied the factory preset project 3.0.  There seemed to be presets from my old list with different bank numbers.  I speculated this could be confusing matters.  I created a new project with empty banks to overwrite all my presets on the freak to start with a blank slate on the freak.  This worked partially.  Multiple attempts to clear individual slots.

Now find I can't update the presets.  Get message the send failed, whether I drag and drop from project on to the freak or use the send to Microfreak option.

Other bizarre behaviour is that when I click on blank slots in MCC for the freak, despite all of them having no name, some display preset info at the bottom of the screen.

On the freak itself, most of the slots seemed to be Init, but others have no name at all, and some of these are playing sounds that are definitely not an Init patch.

Not pleased.  Not pleased at all.

How do I resolve this?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:37:04 pm by cb101 »

Jefgibbons

Re: Firmware update - broken presets
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 09:16:12 pm »
Hey! I had the transfer problems a few times as well, I did the old restart, unplug USB, a few times and then I could get it to work.  Might be worth trying a different USB port or trying to plug straight to the computer if you're currently going through a hub... If I have the problem again and can reproduced the fix I'll post back here!

cb101

• Apprentice
Re: Firmware update - broken presets
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:41:16 am »
Fixed.  Used another USB cable!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines