March 28, 2024, 11:02:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Weird aftertouch response with Modular V3  (Read 3254 times)

utdgrant

• Apprentice
Weird aftertouch response with Modular V3
« on: January 16, 2021, 07:31:00 pm »
Using Minibrute (Firmware 1.0.3.23) with Modular V (3.1).

When I patch the keyboard aftertouch (AT socket) into filter frequency modulation in Modular V, I get following response:

When I start to apply aftertouch on the Minibrute keyboard, there seems to be a threshold value of pressure after which the AT value switches to
'full voltage' and it maxes out. Even setting the CV attenuation to a tiny amount, you still get max modulation.

When I then let my finger rest lightly on the key, the aftertouch value still seems to remain maxed out for about 0.5 to 1.0 seconds, then it decays
back to a value of zero over the course of about 0.5 seconds.

Aftertouch from the Minibrute works well for all other devices in V-Collection 7 (for example CS-80 V). It's only with Modular V that I am seeing this
strange behaviour. Minibrute also works correctly with native devices in Reason.

When I make aftertouch automation curves in Reason, I sometimes get this strange behaviour too with Modular V, however it works correctly about 50%
of the time. With the combination of Minibrute and Modular V, it ALWAYS does this strange thing, 100% of the time.

LBH

Re: Weird aftertouch response with Modular V3
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 09:21:26 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I can confirm there is something very weird going on when using AT modulation in Modular V version 3.7.0.1194. It's not about your Minibrute.
One just have to mingle some with the mod settings for different modules when AT mod is connected to find out.

Please keep in mind, that this forum is'nt Arturia support.

utdgrant

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 12:01:44 am »
Thanks for the reply, LBH. Glad to find out that it's not just me (or the Minibrute)!

It's not a show-stopper in the same way that it would be with CS-80 V, just a
curiosity.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2021, 01:42:32 am »
To me it's a big deal.

I have AT issues in the latest update too. And crashes. It's not just when using AT for filter.
Do you or others exsperience the same issue still? Perhaps random.

utdgrant

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 07:25:20 pm »
I recently bought a Nektar Panorama T6 and attempted to drive the Modular V AT from it.
It has exactly the same response as I was experiencing with the Minibrute.
Aftertouch is fine on the other V-Collection instruments I've tried with the T6.
Just Modular V3 that is bizarre.  ???

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 08:18:57 pm »
I have reported this issue to Arturia. Aftertouch issues has been confirmed, and is being investigated, So hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

utdgrant

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 07:04:44 pm »
I have reported this issue to Arturia. Aftertouch issues has been confirmed, and is being investigated, So hopefully it will be fixed very soon.

Thank you! Fingers crossed...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines