March 28, 2024, 11:38:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Midi being received on V3.06  (Read 4087 times)

Jack Pimineto

No Midi being received on V3.06
« on: January 15, 2021, 02:06:46 pm »
So, I've just updated to the new firmware. V3.06

I've changed nothing in my midi set up.  An MPC sending midi via 5 pin connection to my Quadra thru and then on to the MF.   I've checked the cables, all fine.  It's driving me nuts.

Everything was working fine before this update.  Is anyone else having the same problem?

Also, does anyone else have issues with the authentication letters? I can't read half of them and the sound option doesn't work.  It's taken me 20 minutes just to register.  Now I have to do it again on this post.

theodore123

Re: No Midi being received on V3.06
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 11:01:03 am »
same here. after successfull flashing 3.06 midi no longer responding...where do I find the previous firmware?

The registration and captcha thing is without a shadow of a doubt designed to keep people from adressing issues...

Update:

flushed back to the previous firmware. same - midi not responding - flushed back to 3.06. I got it finally to work once i pluged the Arturia Keystep into Microfreak and managed to play notes. Connected MF back to my DAW and it received notes...doesnt add up...however midi does work for now. - By the way...Microfreak is so badass! I own 30 classic synths/sampler...MF is my only boutique and it is here to stay...nothing holds up to MF in this price-range...thus, I really dont mind if I encounter flaws such as this one...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 05:35:10 pm by theodore123 »

Jack Pimineto

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 04:50:26 pm »
Well, I guess I'm not alone then.  I suspect there aren't many people registered to this forum simply because the captcha thing dissuades people from doing so. 

I've logged a ticket with Arturia.  I'm still in Warranty so they have to address the issue in some way.

vinark

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 12:10:32 pm »
The captcha thing goes away after a while or a few posts.
Did you check all midi settings for the MF in midi control software settings, it is a second tab in MCC? Mine were reset after the update and  weird too like local off and only midi midi (and not usb), so might need to toggle all midi options to the correct ones. I will check midi today here and report.

And yes I could post and edit this without jumping through captcha hoops...
And spam and preventing spam is a big issue on fora, although Arturia security is very spartan...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 12:14:07 pm by vinark »

vinark

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 03:28:21 pm »
USB midi is working, don't forget to close MCC cause USB midi is not multiclient. Will check midi midi later.

mibolux

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • mibo
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 07:46:50 pm »
I had the same,, took some time to find the trick...
In MCC on the Device Tab I switched MIDI Merge to Off and then to MIDI+KBD, which is what I use and boom it worked.

mibo

beef owl

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2021, 11:19:14 am »
I have the same midi issues, had it out of the box and now that i have updated firmware to 3.06 the issue persists. Midi clock is working through 5 pin midi but no note information is being received by microfreak.

I am using a Keystep 37 into quadra midi through, all other synths are working fine and have a more complex midi set up. MF just doesn't register.

For those who have their MF accepting midi through normal 5 pin cable, could you screenshout device settings on MCC and post please? just to check.

thanks

EDIT: SO i just tried in ableton (live 10) and i can play the MF using the keystep 37. But the midi is going over usb: i have an ext instrument track receiving midi from keystep 37 via usb and sending midi to MF over usb. When i unplug usb or quit ableton, i can no longer trigger notes from keystep 37, but i can change tempo, so only midi clock is being received. This is annoying because i want to be able to use sequencers/arp in a dawless set up. I also have a korg electribe 2 sampler which triggers everything fine EXCEPT MF. Its soooo frustrating, CBA to use a screen just to get some notes down
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 11:51:47 am by beef owl »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2021, 09:07:32 am »
Hello all, sorry i don't reproduce it .
i did an intense recheck last night :
- GO back to previous prod fw 2.1.4.930, modified settings on hardware (took screenshot from MCC), updated to 3.0.6 -> no setting has changed
- Go back to previous prod fw 2.1.4.930, modified settings from MCC (took screenshot also), updated to 3.0.6 -> nothing have changed

i also ensured that the factory settings are strictly the same between both firmware versions.

So i have no clue here, but i would suggest you to check midi settings , especially Midi merge, as suggest by one other user on this board, in another topic.  As a reminder :
USB + Keyboard : only midi notes played on MF  keyboard or from DAW in USB (i.e midi clip) will produce sound
MIDI + Keyboard : only midi notes played on MF  or external device (using MIDI DIN) will produce sound
BOTH + Keyboard : nevermind the source, it will produce sound.

if the setting look right on the HW and also in MCC, but the MF is still not able to produce sounds from Incoming MIDI DIN notes, i suggest just to change setting and go back to either MIDI + KBD or BOTH + KBD

hope this helps,
best regards

beef owl

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2021, 02:02:51 pm »
Thank you for replying and trying to help.

I have tried what you asked many times and checked HW and MCC midi, sync, clock and merge settings many times. I know the cables work I know the other synths work and I know ableton works with midi, but i need it dawless.

There is still no sound produced from incoming midi din notes

lionel66

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2021, 11:23:37 pm »
Same here , i've tried all merge options, reinstall update... and nothing change. My M audio 61 keyboard is not working with the Micro freak since 3.06.

dadjeanious

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2021, 04:59:05 am »
Same issue here...  >:( >:( >:( MF won't receive din MIDI in from MPC One or Korg Sq-1. I've checked my adapter and the Merge settings as mentioned and nothing works. I used the same adapter to send Midi from the MF to the MPC One and another outboard synth. Works fine. Is there a MIDI in fix in the works?

beef owl

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2021, 12:45:05 pm »
I assume you guys with this issue can all still trigger midi over USB through a DAW or whatever?

Quite a few of us with the same Midi Din issue, hopefully there will be a fix soon looks like its a bug or something and I'm not being a complete idiot for once. Maybe we just have to wait...

Tbh its a reason to try and make the most of the inbuilt sequencer which is pretty extensive for a synth of this price. Always nice to have the option though!

MaxD

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2021, 10:17:07 am »
Anyone got this fixed somehow? Same here, no MIDI in & out after some time with it.

I assume you guys with this issue can all still trigger midi over USB through a DAW or whatever?

Some of us, like me, doesn't have the ability to use it over USB, computer can't see it for some reason. Another annoying bug to be fixed soon, I hope.

lionel66

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 10:57:58 pm »
Any news ? i've tried all options , still no midi in :-[ :-[ :-[

beef owl

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2021, 11:50:51 pm »
nope. still jut relying on clock sync from my es2 and having to record sequence on the unit itself or going thru ableton zzzz

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines