March 28, 2024, 10:14:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Connection Software for Mac Needs to be Updated  (Read 3153 times)

George Jetson

Connection Software for Mac Needs to be Updated
« on: July 12, 2020, 09:47:33 pm »
UPDATE: I stumbled upon an IPad app that solved all my problems, including the one that my Micro Brute and my computer are in completely distant parts of the house. It’s called MIDIBRUTE and I just downloaded to my iPad Pro running 13.5.1 iOS. It worked like a charm to modify all of the software capable features that the Connection software used to. Pretty reasonable for the convenience it brings. YMMV.

EDIT: After a little more digging, I found that the MIDI Control Center is supposed to replace this software, but there are still missing features that aren't covered in the control center GUI. So now I suppose I am going to have to manually send MIDI CC over the USB to access these using the MIDI chart in the original MicroBrute Connection software manual? WTF does Arturia make simple things so complicated? And absolutely no guidance on how to find these things out.  Thank goodness for some kind souls on the forum pointing the newbies in the right direction.

ORIGINAL: I get this error when trying to launch MBC 1.0.3.2 for Mac. "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information." I'm running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.5. Since this appears in the "archived" section of the software downloads I assume this is the latest and greatest version. There are many features of the microbrute that I can only access through the software, like mbseq file loading and sequencer latching. What are owners of recent vintage Macs doing as a workaround? If there's no solution, then its going back to the retailer, which is a bummer, because I like most things about the instrument.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 04:13:54 am by George Jetson »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines