March 29, 2024, 07:02:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse Rev2 - doesn't power on / only minimal firmware mode  (Read 2164 times)

mick.chwedziak

AudioFuse Rev2 - doesn't power on / only minimal firmware mode
« on: January 14, 2021, 07:51:27 pm »
Hello,

What a nightmare of a first day of use after buying second-hand.  >:( :(

I plugged my Arturia Audiofuse in, installed the AFCC and everything worked fine, (audio playing, AFCC recognising the unit etc.). I started the firmware update process but before I managed to click update from file - I move the unit and unplugged the USB cable from it unintentionally (all the time it was plugged in via USB and the Adapter).
After that whenever I plug in either DC or USB - only 'A' light comes on. Factory Reset doesn't work.
All I've managed to do is run it in Minimal Firmware Mode (Holding 'A' and plugging in power supply). But even with USB cable in - AFCC doesn't see the unit (I've tried Mac and Windows).
So I cannot force firmware reinstall.
Am I doing something wrong? What's the method for force install?
Please help!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: AudioFuse Rev2 - doesn't power on / only minimal firmware mode
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 12:45:17 pm »
The technical term for what you've done is 'bricked it'. As in you've screwed-up the firmware so much by unplugging it during an update that it's only purpose now is as a door stop.

I would recommend you raise a ticket through Arturia, who may ask to see a photo of the serial number as proof of ownership. They possibly know some 'secret moves' (button-presses) to either force a full factory reset or force it to re-accept the firmware flash from your computer.

The worst case scenario though, which you may as well ready yourself for, is you really have permanently bricked it :(

Good luck.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 05:49:14 pm »
In theory, it impossible to permanently brick it.

You seem aware of the recovery firmware (should be 0.1.0).
This should allow you to bring it back to life but since you said that it's not recognized (it should), you are in troubles.

You should contact our support team, they will give you a workaround to save it.

I just tried with mine and I can update without any problems from the FW 0.1 to the FW 1.2.3 using the AFCC Windows.

mick.chwedziak

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 07:50:39 pm »
Thanks Tim,

Well, it boots into minimal firmware - but definitely isn't recognised in AFCC (both Windows and Mac).
The way I do it is - plug in the USB, then hold 'A', and plug in the DC Adapter, release 'A' and the unit comes alive - but... still not recognised.

I've contacted the Tech Support and I hope they can help. I can't imagine that a complex unit like this can be permanently "bricked" without possibility of restoring firmware.
As minimal firmware loads correctly, I expect that hardware-wise it's all good.

Let's see if Tech Support can find a solution and I'll update the thread once they get back to me.

Seanlew98

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 07:45:20 am »
I have the exact same problem...did support get back to you? If yes how did it go and wonder if you managed to fix it.

Mine gets recognized in AFCC but with firmware v 0.1.0, every time I go ahead and update it it gets stuck with the empty bar, unless I redo the process while holding the A during the update.

With the A held during update it'll appear to successfully update but upon restart it resets back to v 0.1.0 again. Otherwise exact same behaviour to your unit.

Thanks in advance

EugeneB

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 09:52:36 am »
Hi there.

Anyone got solution? (it seem like all above methods over forum do not work properly, it actually resets firmware (when u press mono+cue) to 0.1.0, but it can't be updated throught AFCC because button "A" always flashing (and it seem like AF is always restarting) it asking like please connect device (while it's actually connected via usb & power supply), did all over the same steps for a whole night, no luck.
When in the AFCC it actually also don't recgonize my s/n, and also there's some kind of characters like 0xffffff (maybe it will say something)
The most terryfying is that it gets "bricked" out of nowhere, yesterday everything was fine, as usually turned off and when came later it seem to be already "dead", just endless flashing on "A" button, i had all the latest update before this situation and did not performed anything to raise such situation, such a drama.

Sent ticket to support, hopefully there is some another secret methods, otherwise perhaps i shall return to service, because i totally have no clue what's going on and why.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines