March 29, 2024, 11:36:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Firmware 3 : very nice but does Arturia read the requests here ?  (Read 1659 times)

csurieux

Many new interesting features but until I can test it, and from the documents I get from the download page for MicroFreak on their web site, midi CC 7  to control output volume as on many other synths has still not been implemented...
I was not the only to ask for it.
And many interesting requests here have not found their way to the devs... so bad ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:25:23 pm by csurieux »

Sir Mildred Pierce

• Apprentice
Re: Firmware 3 : very nice but does Arturia read the requests here ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 10:33:38 pm »
I'm sure they read all the posts here.  Do they respond, though?  Dunno about that.  But I did post an issue here just a few weeks ago, and it was fixed in the 3.0 patch:

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=105101.0

Mighta been a coincidence, though.

csurieux

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:19 pm »
This certainly because you posted an issue.
Adding the support for CC7, as do all the synths I know, is not an issue, in their mind, but something certainly only nice to have, even if we are dozens interested in.
Even the poor Behringer Crave, poor concerning midi CCs not its sound, provides a way to assign CC7 and with the plug of some permanent patch cables, allows controlling output volume.

The MicroFreak is the only synth I can't control centrally : I can select a preset, start it if it is a sequence, or play notes on it, even sync it with my external time BUT I need a volume pedal just for it in order to control its output level. Sorry for my busy hands and my poor feet when turning a buton on the Microfreak panel. For many other synths I could adapt by a click the CC to one of my exp pedals and use it, allowing one exp pedal for several instruments, but Microfreak requires a dedicated volume pedal... CC7 just nice to have ? But very useful.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:19:45 am by csurieux »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2021, 10:31:40 am »
Hello,
Rest assured, even if it's a bit difficult to keep a good eye on everything (here, facebook user groups, other forums on the internet) we try to do our best to log everything on our bugtracker. For sure some cases may be missed in our monitoring on field (like this one about master volume obviously, sorry about this)
of course, the best way is to log a ticket to our support team, but again it can take some time to reach our Test QA department, which is supposed to link it to developers and product managers.
Anyway, regarding this specific long-time wanted control on master volume by CC7, it is now officially logged, but i can't guarantee it that it will be implemented.
So, thanks for your patience, and sorry again for the inconvenience.
Best regards,

csurieux

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2021, 08:51:25 am »
Ok, merci Germain.
Wait & See.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 08:53:25 am by csurieux »

Trevor42

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2021, 06:46:15 pm »
to have midi cc 7 on volume is a must!   i can't use an expression pedal on the mircofreak
Juno 6, Poly 61, Casio CZ-1, Moog MF-105M, Digtech Talker, Microfreak, Ipad (AUM), Pianotech, Modular and Ableton.

Airlane1979

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 02:02:07 pm »
Anyway, regarding this specific long-time wanted control on master volume by CC7, it is now officially logged, but i can't guarantee it that it will be implemented.
What? Now? Probably a year or more after the lack of a remotely adequate MIDI implementation was raised in this, Arturia's own forum? That's pretty poor customer service. Bear in mind that we're asking only for what virtually every MIDI-capable synth has had since the dawn of MIDI, and it would surely take very little time and effort to create a standard MIDI implementation.  >:(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines