April 27, 2024, 02:56:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Difference between Mono and Poly KBD options within Envelope and LFO tabs  (Read 1237 times)

SceneOfChangery

Can someone please explain the difference between the Mono and Poly KBD options within the Envelope, LFO and Function tabs?

I do understand how these differ to the Legato keyboard option (which doesn’t retrigger the envelope or reset the LFO during legato play) but I don’t understand how the mono and poly options differ from one another.

Also, is the mono KBD option only applicable when the keyboard tab (pink section) is set to mono and same for poly? Or are these independent parameters to the above?

Thanks so much!

LBH

Hi,

It's best to try this out playing multiple notes after each other. So first select a poly play mode for the Keyboard.

In Mono KBD mode each note retrigger the phase for all playing notes.
In Legato KBD mode legato played notes does'nt retrigger the phase, but all playing notes still play in the same phase.
In Poly KBD mode all notes retrigger the phase - but for each note you play, so each playing note will follow it's own phase. The phase for the playing notes will be different unless you hit notes to be in the excact same phase as other played notes.
Perhaps it's best to have a low rate, when you try this out.

I also assume this will answer your question about the Keyboard playmode setting.
Try it with different Keyboard play mode settings.
Also try with long envelope release time.
And also try while playing multiple notes at the same time.

All this will give you a feeling about whats going on.

SceneOfChangery

Thanks so much LBH  :)

That all makes sense. It was driving me mad trying to understand the differences! I will now try out those things you recommended to hear the various settings in action. I was using a fast rate when I was trying it out earlier and I couldn't work it out. As you say, using a low rate should make it easier to hear what is happening.

LBH

Your welcome.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines