April 19, 2024, 09:49:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Turn off velocity from the device and change the Chord/CC Bank button logic  (Read 2955 times)

branis

I have my Keystep 37 for just a few days now and I'm really happy with my purchase. There are two features that I would like request though.
  • I use my Keystep 37 a lot with my iPad and some apps respond to velocity by default without the option to turn it off, so if possible, I'd like to be able to quickly turn off velocity sensitivity from the device itself (Maybe by using Shift + Tap if that combo is not already used for something else).
  • As I said I just have the device for a few days so this second request is based on my first impression with it. I find it cumbersome to use Shift to switch CC banks because I can't play the keys and switch CC banks at the same time. My suggestion is to change the logic so that Shift + Chord/CC Bank button switches between modes and then just pressing the Chord/CC Bank button would switch between Banks. To go back to Chord mode you would have to press Shift + Chord/CC Bank button again. That would leave single press of the Chord button in chord mode without a function. That could be used to toggle the Strum value from positive to negative (or vice versa). For example if the value is set to down strokes, holding the Chord button would temporarily change the value to up stroke. Releasing the button would revert the Strum value to down strokes. I think that would be more useful when performing. Maybe there's a reason why it wouldn't work, but I can't see it right now.

nonnac

These are both terrific ideas. I had the same thought on the Chord/CC function in my first five minutes with the Keystep 37, and it’s still the only thing that really bugs me about this controller.

Arturia: please give us the option to switch these! It’s probably also worth considering which other shift functions could be optionally reversible.

Omri

• Apprentice
Oh my god, this is driving me totally mad !
I was considering having a surgery to make my pinky finger longer so i can switch the damn banks while playing..

please please change this damn thing, i dont care about them chord modes at all......!!

grrrzzzt

• Apprentice
I concur with the CC bank switch using only "chord". it can be a toggable option in the MCC.

NormalHuman

• Apprentice
+1
Needs to be able to turn off velocity from device.

°Edit: I really thought it was possible to turn off velocity using the MIDI Control Center but now having tried I see that fixed velocity is only an option in the sequencer settings, seriously WTF.°

A midi keyboard controller that can't send program changes or be set to fixed velocity is absolutely pathetic.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2022, 04:10:04 pm by NormalHuman »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines