March 28, 2024, 08:29:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keys get stuck at random times for random durations  (Read 3885 times)

night

• Apprentice
Keys get stuck at random times for random durations
« on: January 04, 2021, 11:12:20 pm »
This microfreak is about 5 months old and the keyboard was hardly used. I have recieved it from a friend and I have the problem that every now and then, keys will get stuck and the note will ring on, sometimes for a fraction of a second, sometimes even for multiple seconds. It happens often enough that it really annoys me. It seems that during a session it's always the same few keys that are most likely becoming stuck, but the "vulnerable" keys change between sessions.

I don't think I have grounding issues, tried with the power supply, with an usb power supply, with a powerbank, with different sockets throughout the house, problem remains. I don't exactly have dripping wet hands either. The air, I would say is rather dry since it's winter/heating season here. What might be the problem, what else could I try?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 11:18:37 pm by night »

blackvx

• Apprentice
Re: Keys get stuck at random times for random durations
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:33:03 pm »
  :(
Same issue with KeyStep.
It seems like a taboo subject as I search for answer too in this BB.

tolsi

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 10:09:01 am »
Same here using microfreak kbd, buttons stuck at random times and very often. I tried wiping the buttons and set sensetivity to min value, it doesn't help. Only a reboot helps to fix these stuck buttons until next stucking. this is unrealistically annoying

Upd: oops, in my case it was usb power. This bug was disappeared when I connected 12V power supply. as a quick test, you can touch the pitch bend - if it behaves unstably, then you have a power problem.

Upd2: it still exists, but much less often
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 11:46:58 am by tolsi »

Amaethron

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2021, 02:52:30 pm »
Same here, mostly when working with the sequencer and starting & stopping it via my DAW (Studio One).

philv

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2021, 10:11:31 pm »
Same here. I'd like to work with Ableton as an external sequencer. Can't because keys get randomly stuck, and plugging the 12V supply doesn't help.

Dionysios

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 01:31:04 am »
Hi guys,

did you find any solution to this?
I am battling for a month to make it work with my DAW (Cubase) without luck!

Thanks,

Dionysios -

karwalina

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 09:35:44 pm »
Hi guys;

I have the same problem unfortunately. I've searched the forum, but couldn't find it, please can someone who has knowledge about this issue help?   canlı tv izle

Thanks.

KARWALINA

d_a_n_e

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2022, 09:36:06 pm »
I, too, am having issues with stuck notes on mine. It doesn't seem to have random durations. They will stick until I change presets or power cycle it. I am also having a multitude of other issues with this thing. Arturia tech support has tried to help with a lot of back-n-forth via email, but ultimately won't do anything further without the proof of purchase to confirm that it's still within the 1-year warranty period. Since I bought it on ebay, and the seller cannot locate the proof of purchase, I am screwed. One year warranty is pretty pathetic.

spritewiz

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2022, 08:50:08 pm »
As I reported in this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=108619.0 I often get stuck notes when using Chord mode (i.e. press Para button, hold a chord, release, then play, especially after holding multiple keys). Initially I got a response from someone confirming the issue, but it has disappeared. Could this be your issue too?

Christopher112

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2022, 06:07:42 am »
I actually kind of found out what the problem was. The issue lies in an update by Intel. If I deinstall Intel(R) Smart Technology Audio-Controller in the device manager, restart my laptop, open Ableton, connect my midi, reactivate the Audio-Controller to get audio, close and re-open Ableton again, it works  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines