March 28, 2024, 06:41:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No Key Scaling  (Read 3300 times)

chartan

No Key Scaling
« on: December 07, 2017, 05:39:56 pm »
Hi
I really enjoy the new cmi v! Congratulations!

I have no idea if this should be a feature request or if it can already be done in cmi v: I'd like to fix a sample (slot) to a specific key (e.g. original key) so the sample won't be transposed when playing different keys on the keyboard. Can this be done? I already had a look at the mapping page and read the manual but I couldn't find it. The mappings page probably would be the best place for such an option (e.g. stretch the original key over several keys).

baubry_arturia

• PokéDev
  • Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: No Key Scaling
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 01:20:49 pm »
Hello

Thanks for your feedback!
This is currently not possible but we may look into that in the future.

Baptiste

chartan

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 01:43:59 pm »
Thanks!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
Hi
I really enjoy the new cmi v! Congratulations!

I have no idea if this should be a feature request or if it can already be done in cmi v: I'd like to fix a sample (slot) to a specific key (e.g. original key) so the sample won't be transposed when playing different keys on the keyboard. Can this be done? I already had a look at the mapping page and read the manual but I couldn't find it. The mappings page probably would be the best place for such an option (e.g. stretch the original key over several keys).
I only have the demo version.

you can use the global tuning to get the same tuning on each note by setting a "1" instead of a "2" under the root symbol. But it would be better if you could do it for each sample, if you for instance wan't to combine samples with different settings.

It should be possible to do it for each slot/ sample.

If you calculate and spend some time, i think you as a workaround you can use Functions in control/ Cntrl mode st to use Keyboard/ Kbd as control source/ CntrlSrc assigned to Octaves in a negative direction. Don't know if it will be perfect, but perhaps close enough as a for now. It's keyscaling.
Perhaps you need to change the Root key as well.

I support your requests.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:22:37 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines