April 25, 2024, 08:26:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KSP unresponsive after firmware update "error"  (Read 5405 times)

Hamish Mcchlery

• Apprentice
Re: KSP unresponsive after firmware update "error"
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 11:39:09 am »
Same thing just happened to mine. Died immediately after a firmware update. Had unit for about 18months but I've hardly used it. Probably been switched on for about 24hrs max over this time. Am also awaiting reply from Arturia.

drslovak

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 06:56:17 am »
Same thing just happened to mine. Died immediately after a firmware update. Had unit for about 18months but I've hardly used it. Probably been switched on for about 24hrs max over this time. Am also awaiting reply from Arturia.

This just happened to me. Firmware failed, now unable to do anything with it. Firmware wont load, MCC cant detect firmware version.. stops at 50%. Putting a cable into clock reset and in still does nothing for me. Any luck on your end?

Is this happening to anybody else? Its extremely frustrating   :'(

kevinonkeys

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2022, 12:40:59 am »
Is anyone willing to share the step by step process of unbricking the unit?

I am completely new to Arturia hardware (I am not loving this start!) and have had no luck thus far restoring it to functionality.

Like many on here, tried to update the firmware out of the box and now the unit is seemingly dead, totally unresponsive.

I bought CV cables but can’t find the exact procedure. All help greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 12:57:14 am by kevinonkeys »

fferri

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2022, 09:21:55 am »
You have to put the device into bootloader mode, using that cable trick mentioned elsewhere.

If you don't see lights when connecting the device to the computer, probably it's because it is already in bootloader mode.

Then you have to simply repeat the firmware update using the older MIDI Control Center (see this post: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=107081.msg182780#msg182780 ).

Remember also to not use any USB hubs in between!

That worked for me.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 10:27:44 am by fferri »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines