March 29, 2024, 12:18:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Analog Lab" button sends a CC message thru midi port, messing up hardware synth  (Read 950 times)

micah

Hi, if I switch from Daw or User mode into Analog Lab mode, it sends this (unexpected) CC message through the midi out, in addition to the (expected) sysex message it sends thru the usb cable:

sourcemessagechandata
From MIDI   Control   1Controller 118   127
From DAWSysExArturia 12 bytes   F0 00 20 6B 7F 42 02 00 00 15 7F F7

(copied from MIDI Monitor on mac)

As a result my Prophet rev2 desktop module, connected via midi, receives this CC message and changes the amp attack envelope all the way up to 127, effectively muting its sound. Super annoying. I tried factory resetting the mkII with no luck. This happens even if I unplug the mkII from my computer and power by DC instead. So I know it's not a computer/DAW issue. My Keylab firmware is 1.2.4

The sysex usb message makes sense, so my computer knows I am now controlling analog lab, but the midi message, as far as I know, is an error. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a fix?

You can see the message in MIDI Control Center too, by turning on MIDI Console and pressing the Analog Lab button on the mkII (you have to switch from DAW or USER mode, can't already be on Analog Lab). This shows up:

In:  B0  76  7F  |  Ch 1 CC 118 - Undefined

micah

The only workaround I can find so far is to change a setting on the Rev2 so that it doesn't receive parameter changes thru midi..... Not ideal, and means I can't even use a sustain pedal with it.

I can't figure out any way to stop the Mkii from doing this. I also tried switching the rev2 to a different midi channel, the issue persists.

Also, I'm having another somewhat related issue when using the Mkii with Ableton--- sometimes stopping playback sends a note On message to A5 on the Mkii midi cable. causing a stuck note that I never even pressed. I caught this in midi monitor too. It doesn't happen every day, so it's hard to pinpoint the issue, but when it does, it's like every 5th time I stop playback on Ableton, sometimes more often, sometimes less. And it only happens with the MkII midi port, not thru other midi ports like on my audio interface, or anything connected by USB. I'll hear a stuck note on A5, with any synth connected to the mkII midi port. Seems like this only happens channel 1, so at least that gives me a possible workaround.

Has anyone else encountered either of these issues? The main problem from my first post should be fairly easy to test. I'm curious if there's a defect with my keyboard, or if there's a bug in the latest firmware.

On mac OS catalina. screenshot is ableton 11 beta, but also happens on ableton 10 with same settings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines