April 20, 2024, 01:41:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pad reliability and iOS compatibility  (Read 821 times)

timforsyth

Pad reliability and iOS compatibility
« on: January 01, 2021, 09:18:17 pm »
Hi,

I’ve just received my essential 49, largely I’m happy with the feel of the keys and the assignable knobs/sliders.

However, I have 2 issues, the first possibly more serious that the second.

Some of the pads, particularly the bottom row and especially pad 8, requires much more force to activate.  I changed the velocity of the pads to exponential, which has helped but if I do not hit the pads hard enough, it often registers many tiny hits quickly at once.  Also, when holding it down, if I do not apply enough force, you can see the light flicker, as if I’m right on the edge of on and off.

I know this is a budget controller and I guess I can avoid using the bottom row of pads but can I ask, is this normal?

The bottom pads feel more stiff than the top, the first 3 on the top row feel, I don’t know, like they have a bit more give in them and are great to play.

Finally, iOS compatibility.... I’m writing this as a warning to anyone else who is going to use this with a iPad or non pc Mac environment....

The website says it is fully compatible with iOS giving you the impression that all the buttons are assignable.

This is not true, the transport controls, wheel and buttons surrounding this cannot remapped.  They essentially become useless. 

I’m ok remapping the part 1, 2 and live buttons to do play record stop, but this could be made clearer in the info on the arturia site.

Having said that, it’s a great feeling keyboard, I’m enjoying my time with it apart from the above niggles.

timforsyth

Re: Pad reliability and iOS compatibility
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:36:00 pm »
In case anyone was curious, I raised a support tickets about the physical problems with my pads.

Arturia told me to reinstall the firmware and perform a factory reset.

I had no idea software could be responsible for physical keys.

Will try tonight.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines