March 29, 2024, 02:47:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 MKii Cubase switching to track 1 randomly  (Read 1202 times)

shadieb

Keylab 61 MKii Cubase switching to track 1 randomly
« on: December 27, 2020, 04:34:35 pm »
Hi,
my first keylab 61 MKii arrived with a clicky C1 key and had to be returned. Just before Christmas I received the replacement with no clicking keys, but it does have another issue. In DAW mode using Cubase it randomly switches to track 1. This can be while playing something on a different track or just while it is sat idle. Say I leave it on track 2, 3, 4 etc. it will randomly switch back to track 1.
I have done a full re-install of all software and updated the Keylab 61's firmware to the latest, and I have done a factory reset.

If I use the bank button on a Cubase song with more than 8 tracks it still randomly switches back to whatever track is auto assigned to the first slider?

It looks like I will have to return another one, but was hoping someone might have a solution as the keybed on this one is perfect.

Thank you for your help.

xjvansx

• Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 MKii Cubase switching to track 1 randomly
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 06:54:20 pm »
I thoughtI solved it after reinstalling the firmware but it didn't work. What's happening is it seems like once it selects track in DAW, it never deselects.

Hi, did you get it solved? I'm not sure if I have the exactly same issue but it seems similar to what I'm experiencing.

I'm on the latest Cubase 11.0.10 (MAC) and my Keylab MK2 is stuck selecting (focusing) certain tracks. (Also, the keyboard thinks it's selecting track 1 but in Cubase it's selecting track 5, etc)
Keylab is selecting say, track 4, so even if I select track 8 with my mouse solo/mute/record track controls are still working on the track 4.

I didn't experience this issue with the last version of Cubase and it suddenly started acting out after the new Cubase update.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 04:07:11 pm by xjvansx »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines