April 18, 2024, 06:18:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pad Off Backlight Setting Not Working  (Read 2744 times)

Jadiker

• Apprentice
Pad Off Backlight Setting Not Working
« on: December 26, 2020, 03:59:00 am »
I just received my Minilab mkII and have been working on getting it set up today.

I downloaded the MIDI Control Center from the site and understand how to upload ControllerMaps, but I'm struggling with the Device Settings.

According to http://downloads.arturia.com/products/mcc/manual/MIDI_Control_Center_Manual_1_0_EN.pdf, when I set "Pad off backlight" to "On" under Device Settings, my Minilab should update and I should see it light up. (The quote from the manual is: "When a new value is selected for one of the Device Settings parameters in the MCC, that change will be made inside the device at the same time. There is no need to transmit anything to the device; it has already been done.") However I don't see that happening.

If I set "Pad off backlight" to "On", I do see the little up arrow flash (I assume to indicate that the setting has uploaded), but if I close the MIDI Control Center and then reopen it, the "Pad off backlight" setting is back to "Off". In other words, it doesn't seem like the "Pad off backlight" setting is properly being set on my device. (The "octave blink" setting has similar functionality; if I set it to "On", see the arrow flash, close the MIDI Control Center and reopen the MIDI Control Center, the "octave blink" setting is back to being "Off".)

Note that this is not the case with "Knob Acceleration" or "Pad Velocity Curve": with those, if I set them, they stay set.

How do I get my mkII pads to be constantly lit as they claim it can be in the manual? (From https://downloads.arturia.net/products/minilab-mkII/manual/minilab-mkii_Manual_1_1_EN.pdf: "Pad off Backlight 'On': The pads are always lit with the preset defined color. Once activated, it's then lit in white. Note that, in this mode, if the pad color is configured as white, you will not be able to see if the pad is activated or not.")

Jadiker

• Apprentice
Re: Pad Off Backlight Setting Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:19:58 pm »
In case it helps, I'm on Windows 10

Jadiker

• Apprentice
Re: Pad Off Backlight Setting Not Working
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 04:23:46 am »
The new firmware update (1.1.2) seems to have fixed this issue!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines