March 28, 2024, 09:47:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Envelopes are not mapped on faders  (Read 3999 times)

xjvansx

• Apprentice
[SOLVED] Envelopes are not mapped on faders
« on: December 20, 2020, 08:58:50 am »
Hi, I just bought Keylab MK2 with the V collection 8.

After playing with the V collection 7 and the Analog Lab 4 for a few weeks, I liked having hardware synth like experience using the knobs and the faders pre mapped to the Analog Lab.

However in Analog lab 5, ADSR envelopes are not mapped to the faders and I can't find options to assign them manually.

Not just the envelopes, lots of sound editing parameters that were assigned to the knobs and faders in Analog Lab 4 seems to be gone.

Did Arturia not give us this option or is this a problem on my end?
If it's me having trouble finding, can someone help me find it?

If Arturia didn't give us this option, please consider adding the sound editing parameter map for us! (Like how it was in the AL4)
I really like the new patches and the new instruments in the Analog Lab 5 (Great job Arturia), but I'll have to stick to the Analog Lab 4 until it's solved.

*With the new update they added 9 knobs and 9 faders template so you can assign parameters more freely!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 07:19:02 pm by xjvansx »

slirak

Re: Envelopes are not mapped on faders
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 04:35:20 pm »
Agreed. I invested in a Keylab MKII, a Minilab MKII and the V Collection, mainly because of how the controller mappings worked with Analog Lab 4.
In Analog Lab 4, you have up to 16 synth parameters pre-mapped and you can change the assignments of them all.

In AL V, we've got a mere 4 (!) synth parameters. :o The rest is f/x and mixing related, stuff I way prefer to deal with in my DAW.

I don't get Arturias rationale behind this. In Analog Lab 4, you have the option to use "Live mode", which is very, very similar to what is now the only available mapping mode. Why not have both options still available?

The Keylab MKII even has a dedicated button to take you in to Live mode, which is now rendered pointless, since it's the only available mode. And speaking of pointless, the printed text on the Keylab MKII:s synth control section is pretty pointless as well now, since it no longer corresponds to the parameters you're controlling.

(Not at all a fan of the GUI changes either, but maybe that's mainly down to habit.)

xjvansx

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:23:24 pm »
Agreed.
Having most of the knobs and the faders assigned to FX that I'll rarely tweak is a waste of the Keylab interface IMO. It has much more potential. Analog Lab 4+Keylab MK2 feels like hardware synth, while the new Analog Lab 5+Keylab MK2 feels like playing a rompler.. at least for now. Hopefully it gets solved on the next update. Fingers crossed.

I'm pretty sure there are many people like me who bought the Keylab MK2 just for the hardware synth like experience. I got rid of all my hardware synths. With the integration between the Keylab MK2 and the Analog Lab 4, I don't really miss hardware synths. Now we have even better V Collection 8 instruments so if Arturia can give us the Analog Lab 4 sound editing controls, it's going to be perfect.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 08:25:42 am »
Totally agree.  AL4 is much more flexible than AL5, although I don't use either very much. I prefer the individual synths.

The AL5 shortcut is still on my desktop at the moment but maybe not for much longer.

Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

flyjat76

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 07:57:04 pm »
Totally agree with the above - I started a separate thread on the features request section on this very subject.

Whilst the KeyLab Mk2 high price point reflects the fact that it has a better build quality than many other MIDI controllers, no doubt the Analog Lab software integration also contributes to this.

The comment above about the ‘Live’ button is a very good one - with Analog Lab V the KeyLab Mk2 is now effectively in Live mode permanently.

Arturia need to be careful here - they refer to the Mk2’s “deep integration” with Analog Lab & V Collection on their website & since the updates this integration is not much more than a hardware preset browser.

I’m actually considering selling my Mk2 & buying something like a Nektar Panorama or M-Audio Oxygen Pro - same number of knobs, faders & pads & with aftertouch & arguably better integration with my DAW (Cubase). Cheaper too...

Pierre Arturia

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 01:30:59 pm »
Thanks for the feedback, It is true that the new control layout has been very much focused on the Live page of AL4 and we realise this is preventing users to switch from AL4 to ALV.

We faced technical issues that prevented us from keeping the mappings of AL4 faders, but are working on getting this done as soon as possible.

james-bond

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2021, 01:08:45 am »
To have released Analog Lab V without the ADSR mappings shows a disregard for the people who have purchased the Keylab MKII. These mappings are the very reason I purchased this keyboard.

sunilthakkar

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 07:19:19 am »
I was expecting this to be fixed in the update.

Just downloaded the new Analog V and it's still not mapped.   :(

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 09:22:59 am »
To have released Analog Lab V without the ADSR mappings shows a disregard for the people who have purchased the Keylab MKII. These mappings are the very reason I purchased this keyboard.
::) Don't you think that's just a bit professionally offended and melodramatic? Arturia staff have been pretty much open in confirming ALV is very much work in progress, hence why it didn't directly replace AL4 on our computers. You can still use AL4 while Arturia works on refining the experience of ALV.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

xjvansx

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 03:06:06 pm »
I was expecting this to be fixed in the update.

Just downloaded the new Analog V and it's still not mapped.   :(

I got excited when I saw the update too. I bought Keylab just to use with the ALV and the V collection 8, but I'm still waiting..

Italophile

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 10:24:20 am »
Don't you think that's just a bit professionally offended and melodramatic? Arturia staff have been pretty much open in confirming ALV is very much work in progress, hence why it didn't directly replace AL4 on our computers. You can still use AL4 while Arturia works on refining the experience of ALV.

As a programmer I find the idea of releasing software that "is very much work in progress" entirely unprofessional. Given that the sole USP of the Arturia controller is its integration with Analog Lab you expect them to do much better than this. It basically looks as though ALV was rushed out unfinished to meet a release date set by marketing.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 03:22:35 pm »
As a programmer I find the idea of releasing software that "is very much work in progress" entirely unprofessional. Given that the sole USP of the Arturia controller is its integration with Analog Lab you expect them to do much better than this. It basically looks as though ALV was rushed out unfinished to meet a release date set by marketing.
You've been given something for free which doesn't quite yet meet your requirements, but they also let you keep the old software, which does meet your requirements. So you're no worse off. Just continue to use AL4 until they release a patch which fixes the integration issue with ALV. Had they not released ALV until the integration issue was sorted, you'd be none the wiser. So all this outrage is all over a first-world non-issue.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

xjvansx

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2021, 03:20:50 pm »
So all this outrage is all over a first-world non-issue.

There are people like me who bought the Keylab MK2 and the V Collection 8 just for this.

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2021, 09:28:59 am »
So all this outrage is all over a first-world non-issue.

There are people like me who bought the Keylab MK2 and the V Collection 8 just for this.
Presumably you still have Analog Lab 4? If not I'm pretty sure you can download it.

xjvansx

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2021, 03:43:22 pm »
k

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines