April 20, 2024, 03:56:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: control surfaces what preset should I use to connect and save my cc information  (Read 881 times)

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I have been wrestling with setting up Jun 106 to save my controller information into cakewalk by bandlab.  I can get the arturia controls to register in the act mode, but sonar refuses to save.  and I don't see any presets that that is set up to go to.  What is the name of the preset.  Thank you very much.  Also if you think I am confused on some things feel free to add explanations.

methodman3000

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I am using 2 nanokontrol 2 control surfaces.

LBH

Hello,

yes to me it look like you are confusing things.

- A controller like your Nano control send a midi CC to control a parameter.
- A parameter in an application like Juno-6 can be set to the same midi CC the controller send out from a control. You can use midi learn to make this connection between the hardware control and the software parameter.
- When you have done the connections, then you in Arturia applications can save them as a MIDI Config. Please consult your Juno-6 manual about "MIDI controller configuration".

- Arturias applications allready have a default midi Config you can look at. If your hardware controls is set to the same midi CC's then the connection is allready there.

-Your DAW has nothing to do with this, unless you use a speciel control system your DAW are using. II know nothing about Cakewalk.
You can make the midi CC connections when you use Juno-6 V in standalone mode to keep it as simple as possible.

FYI - Sometimes using two of the same controllers can give issues, when you set them up in an application as a controller. I'm not sure that will be the case with your Nano's. I suggest you start by just connecting one. Please consult your Juno-6 V manual about "Audio and MIDI settings" to set it up in the standalone application.

Hope this helps you on the way.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines