March 28, 2024, 06:24:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Only works in standalone  (Read 4212 times)

worldclassmusician

• Apprentice
Only works in standalone
« on: December 18, 2020, 08:48:55 pm »
Running latest Mac OS, latest Logic, 2020 MBP.

Everything else in V collection 8 works fine.  The vocoder only works in standalone.  Doesn't show in my instrument list next to the other Arturia synths or anywhere else. 

I can see it in the plugin manager, and it all looks totally fine.  Looks like it should be there.

I take it it's a software instrument track I'm supposed to be using this synth on. 

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Only works in standalone
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 09:48:39 am »
Hello worldclassmusician,
i checked on a mac mini late 2014, running macOS bigsur 11.1, with logic pro 10.6, which are the latest versions. Can you please confirm that you are on the same ones?
on my side the Vocoder V is well seen and loads right from AU instruments.
i maybe have a clue for this, did you authorize logic pro to access your microphone?
thanks in advance for your feedback.
best regards,

worldclassmusician

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:05:20 pm »
Hey

thanks for your reply.

I just updated the OS to Big Sur and logic to 10.6.  Reinstalled the vocoder software, but still got the same issue.

You were talking about configuring the Logic microphone?  Willing to try anything.

Do you know how to uninstall the vocoder.  Maybe if I uninstall it.  Run logic and then reinstall it where logic presumably scans for new plugins, that might help?! 

So gutted.  The vocoder is the only reason I upgraded to V8.  Submitted my problem to Arturia, but not heard back in 2 days so far.

Any help most appreciated.

Tony

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2020, 08:56:25 am »
Hi worldclassmusician,
that's strange. also did you try in logic plugins manager , to "reset and rescan selection" ?
regarding Microphone access, you can check what apps are allowed to use your microphone in apple system preferences, then in "security and privacy"
in privacy tab, if you click on "microphone" you'll see what apps will be authorized.

i looked at your 2nd screeenshot again.
Strangely, i don't see the emulator II V either in your AU instruments list, even if it's well displayed in your plugins database.

if you want to properly uninstall plugins, 2 methods : you can do this from your arturia software center, go in my products, go in v collection 8, go in vocoder , and click on the uninstall button downright.

you can also remove files manually by deleting the following folders & files if available :

/Library/Arturia/<instrument>
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/<instrument>.vst
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST3/<instrument>.vst3
    /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/<instrument>.component
    /Library/Application Support/Avid/Audio/plugins/Arturia/*.aaxplugin
    /Application/Arturia/<instrument>.app

<instrument> = Name of the instrument that should be uninstalled.

hope it helps,
thanks

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2020, 11:56:09 am »
Just to add even more clarity to Germain's otherwise excellent advice, if you find something is working in standalone but not in Logic, then it's probably going to be the .component file you need to investigate because that's the Audio Unit file which Logic and GarageBand use.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

worldclassmusician

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 02:28:55 am »
ok,

so here's what i did.

wiped my macbook pro.  fresh os install of catalina.  Big Sur killed some of my other plugins.

as soon as it was complete, downloaded and installed logic then arturia V8.  i now have everything apart from Patchworks and Synthopedia.

they are NOT showing in my plugin manager or the standalone folder.  when i go to my arturia software center, i can't see an option to download them. 

at least i'm further forward than where i was.  don't know what these two plugins are, so not terribly sad, would obviously be nice to have them.  I'll try and dow load them individually from the arturia website, see if that helps. 

appreciate your time fellas.  much obliged

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 11:19:48 am »
Ok ,thanks for your kind words. glad you're able to see your instruments back. Even if i don't really get why updating from catalina to Big sur did kill some of your plugins. I thought that the vc8 was installed After having updated yo Big sur.
Anyway , regarding patchworks and synthopedia, these are sound banks, not plugins. Once installed you'll find these banks available in analog lab V and also in the instruments for which these have been created (don't remember exactly at Time of writing). That s why you can't see it in plugin manager or in applications folder.

Thanks in advance for confirming (or not) if the vc8 and Logic were first installed on catalina, and then system has been updated to Big sur, and then some of your plugins disappear.

Best,

worldclassmusician

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 11:39:06 am »
ah great.  thanks for clarifying!

So i initially installed everything on catalina.  when i upgraddd to big sur some of my native instruments, soundtoys, and waves plugins were not compatible with Big Sur.

Even wit big sur, my arturia wasn't working properly.  Fully wiped logic and arturia, but still vocoder wouldn't work.

After a hard drive wipe and reinstalling catalina (what a pain!!!) everything now seems to work.

thanks again for the advice.

on a separate issue, i've accidentally deleted my backup from an external SSD.  currently trying to retrieve, but if any of you have suggestions there, i'm all ears!

Have a good christmas!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 12:47:39 pm »
If you rely on external plugins (such as Arturia V Collection), it's not a good idea to update your OS until the software developers give you the go-ahead that their plugins are compatible (usually via email). If you had asked on here first, certainly myself and possibly also Arturia themselves would have told you not to update to Big Sur. That would have saved you a lot of time and aggravation.

Glad you got it up and running in the end though.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines