April 20, 2024, 01:58:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No audio recorded with Vocoder V in Logic Pro X  (Read 2949 times)

confusionboats

No audio recorded with Vocoder V in Logic Pro X
« on: June 03, 2023, 10:19:13 pm »
Ok, dumb question, but hey the manual says nothing about this and the in-plugin "tutorial" only talks about audio input:

1. I create a new Software Instrument, set it to Vocoder V. Fine. That works.
2. I set the sidechain audio input to come from the microphone. Fine, that works.
3. I record a test.
4. I play it back. All I see is a flat, empty MIDI track, and there is no audio.

The manual is silent as to how to capture the audio. So, dumb question time: do I route the output of this MIDI track to a bus, say Bus 5, and then route Bus 5 as the input into a new Audio track? Is that how this all works? How do I actually capture the "Vocoded" audio on a track?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 10:54:49 pm by confusionboats »

LBH

Re: No audio recorded with Vocoder V in Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2023, 11:21:53 pm »
Hello.

Yes the DAWs instrument track does'nt record audio. An audio track need to be created to record theputput, and then route the the audio from the instrument track into that. How this is done is about hoe your DAW work. It's not about Voceoder V. I assume you can use a bus in your DAW, unless there is a smarter way to do it, like selecting the output from the Vocoder instrument track as input for the audio track you wish to record on.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 11:25:13 pm by LBH »

confusionboats

Re: No audio recorded with Vocoder V in Logic Pro X
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 02:06:20 am »
Thanks. I suspected this was the case. I set up an audio track, did the bus thingie, and it's starting to work.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines