March 29, 2024, 01:00:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AudioFuse 8Pre completely bypassing speaker volume control  (Read 1434 times)

davydark

• Apprentice
AudioFuse 8Pre completely bypassing speaker volume control
« on: March 09, 2021, 07:28:45 pm »
Hi folks.

Just got my 8Pre. I'm using it as an audio interface between a MacBook Pro and a pair of IK Multimedia iLoud MTM speakers.

The speakers have a volume control dial on the back, but the 8Pre completely ignores this. The volume dial on both speakers can be set to zero, but sound still comes out. The 'SPEAKERS' dial on the 8Pre controls the volume fine, but the volume dial on the speakers has no effect anymore.

I've used other audio interfaces with these speakers in the past and this didn't happen. Is this a known thing with AudioFuse? Or am I missing something basic?

Any advice would be hugely appreciated. I've searched online (and these forums) but have found no answer.

Thanks!

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
Re: AudioFuse 8Pre completely bypassing speaker volume control
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 03:01:10 pm »
Welcome.

Think about it logically.

No matter which audio interface you're using, it cannot override the volume control on the speakers if the inputs are physically wired through the volume control. That would be impossible. There must be another reason. How are you connecting it?
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

davydark

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 06:31:35 pm »
Hey. Thanks for getting back to me.

It's not logical at all, which is why it's so confusing.

I have however eliminated the AudioFuse as the cause of the issue. I just plugged a synth directly into one of the speakers, and the same thing happens - turning the speaker volume dial all the way down doesn't stop sound from coming out. It's not a little bit of audio bleed either - it's pretty loud.

Anyway, sorry for clogging up these boards with my non-Audiofuse problem. :)

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 01:51:45 pm »
No apology needed, but it sounds like you have a different hardware problem there.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines