March 28, 2024, 09:17:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues  (Read 2630 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »
I previously set up and saved midi mappings for my Panorama P1 controller for all of the synths in the V7 collection, plus OBX-A and Pigments. All was working fine.

After installing the latest updates these mappings are no longer working properly. When used as plugins in Nuendo they do generally function, but they have all lost their midi assignments for the Left/Right arrows (previous/next preset selection). Going to the midi mapping page within the plugins they are all set as 'unassigned' for those two arrow buttons. Not difficult to remedy, but why have they been lost?

When using the synths in Standalone mode things are far worse - they do not respond to any of the midi mapping assignments at all. The mapping files can be selected (they are the same ones used in 'plugin' mode) but nothing responds. I have 26 of these synths and do not want to have to reconfigure the midi mapping for all of them again
 for Standalone mode.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I am using a Windows-10 PC with an i9 processor.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:08:19 pm by fenderchris »
Windows-11, 64gb ram, Nuendo 11.0.41, V7 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa, CS-80 V4.

LBH

Re: V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:29:30 pm »
HI,

From the top of my head.

If you does'nt export your own configurations, then they can be lost. You can import exported configurations.
That i can confirm.
You can also have a backup of the files, where saved configurations are located. I think the data is stored in a file somewhere. I think it's in the tmp folder.

I do think it's strange, that saved none exported user midi configurations can be lost/ deleted by updates. When one save a map one exspect it's saved in a user file, that will not be changed by updates. You can report it to Arturia support, if you wish.

The standalone and the plugin use the same maps, if you use the applications own MIDI learn function and direct midi CC from your controller. The map is simply a midi CC, so if something anywhere send that midi CC number correct, then it should work.

I can't remember, if you need to close an application, before it's availble in another.

Does this match your observations?

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 11:29:45 am »
Not really.  As I said, all of the synths have midi mappings which are saved using the 'Save Current Config' option.

I reported it to Arturia on 19th November but have had no reply yet.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 11:33:49 am by fenderchris »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 01:25:17 pm »
I'm not sure why you say, "Not Really" about matching observations.
You write you use "Save" not "Export". This is two different things.
I confirmed the "Save" issue. So what's the difference in your observations?

It's good you have contacted Arturia support. I hope you'll hear from them soon.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 04:27:12 pm »
Ok, I've looked into this more and things are definitely a mess.

Using the latest version of Jup-8   (installed today):

If I set up midi mappings in Nuendo and use 'Save Current Config' and the file name 'XYZ', the file is automatically saved to C:\Program File\Arturia\Jup-8 V3\ as XYZ.jupmidi.   I notice that, in addition to the cc values, all the mappings also store the midi channel that the plugin was set to respond to in Nuendo (example 'cc103, Ch 1'). In this case the midi channel used was '1'.

If I use 'Export Current Config' option and select the same folder as the default one (as above) and use the exact same file name, it is saved to the same location.  (I also tried using a different file name).

Now, if I then use the Standalone version, regardless of whether the .jupmidi file was saved using 'Save Current Config'  or 'Export Current Config' the midi mappings are not responded to. If I then look at the mappings in the Standalone version by selecting the Midi icon, all of the mappings that were set up  with the plugin version ARE there (example 'cc103, Ch 1') but are ignored.  This is because, for some reason, the Standalone version expects the mappings to be set to Midi channel '2' - God knows why. I can find no place in the Standalone version setup to choose a midi channel.  Should it not ignore any midi channels?

If I then redo the mappings using the Standalone version, it will always use midi channel '2' by default. So then back in Nuendo, the plugin does not respond to the midi mappings made in the Standalone version - even if the plugin's midi channel is set to '2' or even 'ALL'!

So, regardless of whether 'Save' or 'Export' is used, the system does not work.

As I said - another fine mess.  Unless I'm missing something.

fenderchris

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2020, 06:34:21 am »
I've scrapped everything and redone the mappings for all 26 synths after resetting the controller to it's default mode.

This time all the mappings were done in the Standalone versions and then 'saved' and 'exported'.

It took a week to do, but I'm pleased to say that they now seem to be working again.

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines