March 28, 2024, 10:41:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help Please new user  (Read 2682 times)

RussellLeo

• Apprentice
Help Please new user
« on: December 12, 2020, 04:06:42 pm »
Hello well i finally received my new Mini Brute 2s after 4 months of waiting because of covid. Warmed it up registered and played for about a half an hour. Great!! Then all of a sudden no sound. I got signal when i press the pads but nothing through my mixer or headphones. The only sound i get is if i crank the Att2-Amp and even then its just a sustained mess with no function. Can any one help?. i put in a tech ticket and im still waiting. any ideas? Did i blow something internally?
thanks

psienide

Re: Help Please new user
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 11:08:21 pm »
If the att2 knob is opening up the amp, then I would just double check that your A/D section is set right. You'll need the D slider up a bit to open the amp with a gate. If it's an issue with the AD envelope then try patching the ADSR envelope into AM and see if that opens it.

RussellLeo

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 03:17:11 am »
thanks for the reply.that connection just gave a clicking sound when i press the pads with no tone. Any other ideas?
The frustrating this is i was jamming out for about an hour with no issues trying the cookbook and it was awesome. Now im devastated.

psienide

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2020, 03:53:13 am »
I would do the following:

Unpatch everything from the patch bay
Set knobs to 12 o'clock: VCO1 Pitch; Filter Mode; FM; RM; Global Tune
Set knobs to fully clockwise: Cutoff; Master Volume
Set knobs to full counter-clockwise: Everything else
This is basically the init patch.

Set slider to full up: Square OSC Mixer; Both decays
Make sure octave buttons are unlit.
Try again.

Also maybe download and install midi control center and make sure local control didnt get turned off. I've had that happen before with some DAWs.

If all else fails, firmware update and factory reset.

RussellLeo

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2020, 02:11:27 pm »
So i followed what you said and it was promising but i still had to turn up the Att2 to hear any sound and the cutoff also had to be turned up to hear anything.
Here is a screenshot of the midi control center all updates have been installed not sure where to find local control.
You mentioned a factory reset? is that by pressing SCPE at the same time then turning unit on? cause i tried that with no success.

thanks again for helping me get through this. I cant wait till this is resolved and i can get back to making music.

psienide

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2020, 05:56:31 pm »
When you trigger a sound with the buttons, does the AD Envelope or ADSR Envelope light go on at all?

RussellLeo

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 06:12:40 pm »
Yes both pulse as i press the pads

psienide

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 07:40:23 pm »
Sounds like your unit is busted then if you're following the template I gave you. Mine produces sound with that patch every time. Maybe send a ticket in to support.

RussellLeo

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 09:33:07 pm »
Thanks again for taking the time to help me out. I put in a ticket and i hope a diagnosis will find out the problem.
Thanks again.

Russell

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines