April 19, 2024, 05:54:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How do I capture audio from one of the standalone apps?  (Read 1687 times)

dkeatsnc

How do I capture audio from one of the standalone apps?
« on: December 12, 2020, 02:26:25 pm »
Here's the situation: I'm using one of the standalone apps, say, the DX7, and I come up with an idea that I like. I don't want to start arranging it, I just want to capture the melody, the riff, etc. Is there an app I can use that would help me avoid having to open Logic, select the very same Arturia plug-in, load the preset, etc just to record a quick idea?

For those of you who play around with the standalone apps, I'm sure you've encountered this situation.

thanks y'all

JDoo

• Beta-testers
Re: How do I capture audio from one of the standalone apps?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2020, 03:12:29 pm »
Low tech here. I have a healthy amount of soft synths, and hardware - but this method works for either one.  If I don't want to lose an idea, I fire up video on my phone and capture it there. I keep an adjustable small iPhone tripod next to my keyboards.  Anyway - when I am recording an idea, I pan over the synths, capturing whatever preset #, synth settings are important to the timbre (if Im trying to capture a specific sound with the piece).  Then I record what I had been noodling with.  It is low tech.. but I save the idea.  If it's something I want to work with later (when I have my DAW fired up) - I transpose what I have on video to the DAW.  This has saved me dozens of times.

dkeatsnc

Re: How do I capture audio from one of the standalone apps?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 12:37:15 am »
This was too obvious a solution for me to even think about it. Thank you! I mean, I have my damn phone next to me at all times, so this would definitely work. Cheers!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines