March 28, 2024, 08:55:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Cubase VST and Track Quick Controls  (Read 2392 times)

Ross Blake

• Apprentice
Cubase VST and Track Quick Controls
« on: December 12, 2020, 12:47:54 pm »
Does anyone have a complete guide for setting up the Keylab Essential 61 with Cubase / Arturia MIDI Control Centre
A dumbed down one using plain english that actually works would be very helpful.
With standard default settings the keyboard works with cubase - however the 9 knobs and faders on the right hand side do not do anything - i want them control the VST and TRack quic controls in cubase. I understand some kind of 'MAPPING' is needed?

So far I've been speaking to Arturia Technical support and they've just been quoting their online guide which DOESN'T WORK.
They emaied me two template files
KLE-TRK-QC-Template.keylabessential
KLE-VST-QC-Template.keylabessential
Which I imported into MIDI control centre - but I'm not clear on what they actually are and how they're represented in Cubase (they're certainly not showing up in Cubase)

My setup
Cubase 10
Windows 10 Dell on PC laptop
Latest Arturia MIDI Control Centre
Arturia Keylab Essential 61 (plugged into PC via USB)

See images below of the Studio Setup so far, as advised by Arturia - which isn't working!!!

Also is it me or are these forum Capcha's near unreadable?

flyjat76

• Apprentice
Re: Cubase VST and Track Quick Controls
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 10:21:04 am »
Hi I have a KeyLab MK2 with Cubase.

The key to getting QCs to work is to set the MIDI IN port to “Arturia KeyLab Essential 61” (in your case), NOT the “MIDIIN (Arturia...)”.

The latter port is used for Mackie.

Try that & see how it goes - works for me.

When assigning MIDI CCs to the QCs, It’s worth using MIDI CCs different to those used in Analog Lab mode or you’ll struggle to get AL mode to play nicely with Cubase QCs - without doing this you’ll find that with QCs activated the knobs won’t behave as per the Analog Lab GUI.

Hope that helps.

P.s. ‘In All Midi’ is unchecked in order to avoid MIDI notes being triggered when you press the transport control buttons.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 03:05:00 pm by flyjat76 »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines