March 28, 2024, 06:10:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Problem with Analog Lab and Center display in Ableton Live  (Read 7262 times)

Strono

Problem with Analog Lab and Center display in Ableton Live
« on: December 09, 2020, 01:20:07 pm »
Hello!
I have the latest version of Ableton Live, Analog Lab V and a KeyLab 49 MK2.
When I add analog Lab to a Midi track in live and open it up, i only see the text Analog Lab in the center display. When i use the jog wheel, I can change the preset, but the preset does not show up in the display. Also if i use the buttons for Piano, Bass etc on the KeyLab, it changes to that type of preset but the the button does not light up. Seems like the Keyboard does not get data from Analog Lab software. In standalone mode it works. Theyt keyboard works otherwise and i can change parameters and play on it.

/Daniel

LBH

Re: Problem with Analog Lab and Center display in Ableton Live
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:30:09 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I can suggest you check, it you have set up your controller in Ableton Lives Preferences correct.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 06:32:14 pm by LBH »

petermarchione

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 04:27:29 pm »
I'm having the same issue and I do have configured the DAW remote on port 2 (Win) and standard Ableton device control via a user remote script for port 1. By using the very same ports in Cubase 11, which is installed on the same computer, the display screen works in Analog Lab mode.

Mav

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 02:10:55 am »
I'm not sure to understand what you are searching to do, but i will add my question here, it seem to be close about what i'm searching for. Like that, i will not creat an other subject and bother everyone :D

So :

1) How can i add the Analog Lab presets (for exemple my "favorites" ones) in Ableton Live ? To play in Ableton as i play in Analog...?
I understand you did meet some issue with this integration, but at my part i have even no idea how to simply try do to it hihi .

An other question (that i will maybe ask in a new thread if it is not the good place here) :
2) When i launch a preset in Ableton (as the piano), i find no way to use the pads...I mean, i want to have a piano preset on the keyboard, and a drum preset on the pads. In the same time if possible !
3) In Analog Lab, it's seem not possible to set easly different presets in different part of the Keylab (a piano will make a piano sound on the keys and the pads, and a drum will make a drum sound on the keys and the pads...). Do it's possible to "split" the preset with the different parts of the Keylab using Analog Lab ? And...Maybe also Ableton, or any other software (and wich one ?) :) I know it possible with the USER mod, but it seem to be so boring. I want to know if theire is an easyest way to split the Keylab MKII (the keyboard part and the pads part independantly) with different presets (piano VS drum kit) without programming the entire controler with user mod... ?

Thank :)

Skirmantas

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 10:42:52 am »
Hello!
I have the latest version of Ableton Live, Analog Lab V and a KeyLab 49 MK2.
When I add analog Lab to a Midi track in live and open it up, i only see the text Analog Lab in the center display. When i use the jog wheel, I can change the preset, but the preset does not show up in the display. Also if i use the buttons for Piano, Bass etc on the KeyLab, it changes to that type of preset but the the button does not light up. Seems like the Keyboard does not get data from Analog Lab software. In standalone mode it works. Theyt keyboard works otherwise and i can change parameters and play on it.

/Daniel
I found what some times when you in ableton 11 trying to triger settings on vst instrument changing to keylab essential and then swiching back, display starts working, but if you add some another midi track with some instruments from analog lab, dispaly works only with first added instrument. Thats wired, may be here is software bug?

loph

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 03:37:56 pm »
Hi!

I have bought a KeyLab49 last week and I have the exact same problem. (LCDisplay not beeing updated using Analog Lab within Ableton with "Analog Lab Mode" activated).

However I was able to get some feedback from the plug-in using the synth pugin directly (like loading Mini V into the track instead of using Analog Lab). But that works _only_ in the first track using the Arturia plugin. If I load a second plug-in into the next track, I don't get any information on the LCD. Some goes with using Analog Lab within Ableton, just like the OP described).

While beeing quite hyped for the 1st couple of days using the KeyLab49, the experience is getting more and more frustrating.

Koinden

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 11:56:34 am »
I'm having what looks like the same problem. I've previously only owned Analog Labs but have recently purchased Pigments and once I've added a 2nd VST to a song in Ableton I'm unable to see what values are changing on the display, the values do change when using the knobs & sliders, it just doesn't tell me what's changing on the display

-When using them as seperate instruments outside of Ableton both Pigments and Analog Lab show the values on the display and am able to use them fully.
-In Ableton, if I add 1 VST I'm able to see the values on the display, it works fine and I'm able to change the values using the knobs and sliders.
-If I add another track using the same VST I still see the values on the display, and it still works when switching tracks (using the same VST)
-Once I add a different VST then the display is no longer updated for that second VST, but it still works with the first VST
-In summary, it only displays the values on the screen for whichever VST is added first, so if I add Pigments and then Analog Labs the display will only work under Pigments, I'm still able to control Analog Labs but the display doesn't update. And if I add Analog Labs first then it works fine with that, but not with Pigments once that's been added.

Keylab MK2 49, with the latest firmware running Ableton 11 lite on Windows 11.

If anyone knows the answer to get the display working with the 2nd VST that would be great, in the meantime I've raised a support ticket and will post another update if anything useful comes out of it.

loph

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 12:35:48 am »
in the meantime I've raised a support ticket and will post another update if anything useful comes out of it.

Oh! That's much appreciated! :)

Danturia

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 06:36:39 pm »
Was there any update on this? I'm experiencing exactly the same center display issue using Keylab mkii with ableton - display will only show info from the 1st keylab channel created.

Also if I restart the keylab then it will no longer show the preset info (displays the ableton track title info and any pitch, mod or pedal changes ... but no preset details). 

Koinden

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 09:50:10 am »
Was there any update on this? I'm experiencing exactly the same center display issue using Keylab mkii with ableton - display will only show info from the 1st keylab channel created.

Also if I restart the keylab then it will no longer show the preset info (displays the ableton track title info and any pitch, mod or pedal changes ... but no preset details).

Nothing substantial yet, the support ticket is still ongoing and there's been a bit of communication back and forth. They asked for a video showing the issue, and there was a little bit of a delay hearing back due to the Christmas break. But I've heard back from them today saying that they are going to do some tests their end.

Once I hear something substantial I'll let you guys know. I'll let them know about the issue you have when you restart the keylab in case it's related.

Danturia

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 03:10:07 pm »
Thanks for the update Koinden, much appreciated!

It's a great controller so it'll be good to get this bug fixed (let's hope they don't bat it back and blame ableton)  :)

eapotapov

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2022, 06:36:35 pm »
Nothing substantial yet, the support ticket is still ongoing and there's been a bit of communication back and forth. They asked for a video showing the issue, and there was a little bit of a delay hearing back due to the Christmas break. But I've heard back from them today saying that they are going to do some tests their end.

Once I hear something substantial I'll let you guys know. I'll let them know about the issue you have when you restart the keylab in case it's related.

having almost the same problem too, I'm using MKII 88, was working well for a couple of days, then suddenly stopped showing presets on display.

Koinden

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2022, 12:03:27 pm »
Hi,

Just a little update to say that I've heard back from Arturia on this. They've said that the issue has been registered already to be fixed in a future update, and that these kinds of implementations can take some time as they are complex.

loph

• Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2022, 10:30:48 am »
Thanks for the update!
I was actually wondering, if they're still on it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 10:13:13 am by loph »

Skirmantas

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 07:40:18 am »
Hi,

Just a little update to say that I've heard back from Arturia on this. They've said that the issue has been registered already to be fixed in a future update, and that these kinds of implementations can take some time as they are complex.

Have they mentioned when they will release that latest version?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines