April 26, 2024, 10:20:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help registering my Keylab MK2  (Read 984 times)

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
Help registering my Keylab MK2
« on: April 08, 2023, 05:20:55 pm »
Hi there. I bought a Keylab 49 MK2 from a seller in "new, unused" condition with all the original paperwork. The serial and unlock codes on the paperwork match the hardware. However, I am unable to actually register the device, presumably because the previous owner registered it. When I try on the Arturia website, I get the error "Your registration failed. You can't register this license." I emailed Arturia support a few days ago but have not heard back.

Is there anything I can do to get this activated? I'm unable to use Analog Lab. Please and thank you!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 06:47:45 pm by noiseordinance »

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
Re: Help registering my Keylab MK2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 08:23:48 pm »
Hoping for some pointers. I emailed support 5 days ago but no replies using the contact form on the Arturia site. Anyone know better ways to reach support? I've heard Arturia is usually pretty responsive, but I'm starting to realize the opposite.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023, 10:10:27 pm »
Hello,

Keep in mind, that Arturia support probably have been closed for Easter holliday.
You should have got a mail that tell a time in which Arturia will respond.
It's allways best to contact Arturia through your Arturia account.

I can tell this:
If you can prove a rightful ownership and that the product has'nt been stolen at some point from the owner that have it registred, then Arturia support can help you to get the old owner unregistred and move the license to you - i believe.
It should not be needed for Arturia to help with a private deal, but they actually provide this service, when it's possible.
Only the registred owner get the free software.

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 01:17:45 am »
Thanks much for the reply. The email I received said there'd be a reply in 24 hours, but we're approaching a week. The wait has been pretty gross, especially after I already purchased a Microfreak with a defective keyboard I had to deal with last month. I love the sound of Arturia's plugins but am starting to develop a bitter taste from a hardware perspective. Hopefully they won't keep me hanging much longer.  :'(

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023, 06:39:26 pm »
Another day goes by without reply. The frustrating thing is that Arturia advertises the ability to transfer registration on their devices. However, if they don't actually support this process, I feel like there's some false advertising. At this time, the seller has confirmed that they deregistered the Keylab from their end last week.

I had actually convinced my employer to allow me to purchase Collection V and a Minifreak last year, so up till now, I had been a big Arturia fan, but I'm feeling pretty sour right now about the support responsiveness (or lack of).

I know that support folks browse this forum. Can anyone do anything here to help?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 07:31:46 pm by noiseordinance »

LBH

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023, 08:42:34 pm »
At this time, the seller has confirmed that they deregistered the Keylab from their end last week.
In that case you should be able to registre. Originally you wrote you could'nt reach seller anymore, and seller did'nt unregistre. You have edited your post today.
This is how license tranfers normally can be done, when the previous owner does things correct, and the buyer make sure to ensure the deal from the beginning:
https://support.arturia.com/hc/en-us/articles/4405741338642-How-to-resell-my-product-license-
It's open informations from the FAQ site.

I understand you will like to get things done. That's fair. I''m also surprised, if they did'nt reply today. But still keep in mind, that this is a private resale that Arturia in reality have no part in. If Arturia get involved they help for free anyway.

Hope you'll get it solved very soon in one way or another.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:47:57 pm by LBH »

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023, 08:50:59 pm »
Thank you. It is true that the seller did not reply to me initially, but did end up confirming a few days later that he unregistered the device (weeks before he sold it to me, but double-checked to appease me), and as of right now, I still cannot register the device from my end. I do see that on Arturia's site, it states that if a re-sell happens within 6 months of original purchase, we will have to go through their support to get a device registered, so maybe that is the problem. But given that I have the actual keyboard and all of the original included documentation that comes with the keyboard, and sent them photos of all documentation / serials / unlock codes, this really shouldn't be so challenging. I'll maintain hope that I hear from someone eventually, but the lack of any human response after a week has been really off-putting thus far.

I know that Arturia isn't going to get involved in private sale issues, but they do advertise a streamlined process for transferring device ownership, and so far, they have really failed to deliver on that.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 08:52:53 pm by noiseordinance »

noiseordinance

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023, 09:25:05 pm »
Alright, thank you for helping get this expedited. They got things registered to me and all is good now. Have a nice day.

LBH

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2023, 12:42:00 am »
Glad to hear it's solved. Have a nice day too.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines