April 19, 2024, 04:43:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I pressed Shift+Pad8, but I can't control clips on Ableton Live 10 with pads  (Read 1836 times)

rentoxygen

• Apprentice
Newbie here.
I tried following this Youtube tutorial on getting started with Arturia MiniLab MkII. I think I did everything right for most of the tutorial. I pressed Shift+Pad8 to control Ableton Live 10 with this midicontroller. I was able to control most things (e.g. volume, delay, reverb etc), but I am having trouble playing and recording clips using the midicontroller.

Problem 1: I can't seem to use knob 16 to scroll up and down the clips
Problem 2: As shown in the tutorial (around 3:23), pads represent the different channels and clips with lights. But my controller doesn't have any lights (even when I put in clips). When I press the pads, they just make sounds similar to the piano keys.

Is this normal? Do I need to code all the pads and stuff manually to get it to work? I thought Shift+Pad8 loads in a pre-built Ableton Live interface on the controller...

I would appreciate any help. I'm really excited to make music with this controller but these problems are making it a bit challenging.

Thanks in advance!

LilSmeag

• Apprentice
Sounds like somehow along the process the 8th bank gets deselected. If you press Shift, the 8th pad should be the one to light up (red, I think). Make sure that Bank 8 is selected when trying to use the pads for clip control. If you are sure that it's selected, then it might be that the script somehow got corrupted, but I never heard of it happening.
Keep in mind that if you select another bank, Live mode will be deactivated (if you press Shift and any pad 1-7 light up, then Live mode is disabled). Also, with every opening of Ableton, you'll have to manually select your 8th bank on the controller( it's what I remember, might be wrong) so always check if something goes wrong.
Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines