April 17, 2024, 12:04:52 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC Issues?  (Read 7035 times)

LBH

Re: ASC Issues?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2020, 10:18:55 pm »
Hello !

1) i have installed the last version of ASC
2) i can't re-activate analog 4 (don't know if it's an issue with the server of the installation), because of this, analog V is in demo mode.
Analog 4 seems to not be in demo. yes, i keep analog 4 because from what i saw, some specific presets lost their effects in analog V as the effects have been completly redone as told by one of the message displayed.
3) i mainly keep it because there is something i don't undertand. and i don't know if it's a limit of the demo or a bug or something normal. but Analog 4 has around 7000 presets. but analog V display an availability of 3100 presets. so where are the 4000 presets missing ?

i'm sure we're close, there are always issues at launch of a new product.  :)
I think it is strange your Analog Lab V is'nt activated, if your Analog Lab 4 was and is.
It can be a server issue, i guess, even if i assume that would'nt give a update messages.  Did your ASC update itself? If not then you can  try to install ASC anyway, and see if it helps.
If the issue persist, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

About the number of presets:
How did you get to those numbers?
Do you own V-Collection?
Have you checked the "Include Legacy Sounds" in Analog Lab Vs main menu?

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 02:51:14 am »
I think it is strange your Analog Lab V is'nt activated, if your Analog Lab 4 was and is.
It can be a server issue, i guess, even if i assume that would'nt give a update messages.  Did your ASC update itself? If not then you can  try to install ASC anyway, and see if it helps.
If the issue persist, then i suggest you contact Arturia support.

About the number of presets:
How did you get to those numbers?
Do you own V-Collection?
Have you checked the "Include Legacy Sounds" in Analog Lab Vs main menu?

Hi it was a server issue, Analog V just activated right now :) cool !
No i don't own the V-collection unfortunatly but own several presets bank, so i assume that the 11000 number displayed on the arturia website is only for the people who own the V collection with Analog Lab 5 ?
was not aware about the include legacy sounds, i got a message telling that presets numbers from 3 plugins will be inluded , it added some presets but i'm at 3238 presets in Analog V. is it the normal number for owner of Analog Lab 4 + V ?

the only other thing i have installed is the melotron V demo, because there were missing samples in analog lab 4 to have the Vangelis II preset library to work properly on some presets. don't know if they fixed this issue in Analog Lab V ! Thanks for the help anyway :) !

LBH

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2020, 04:03:57 am »
Hi it was a server issue, Analog V just activated right now :) cool !
No i don't own the V-collection unfortunatly but own several presets bank, so i assume that the 11000 number displayed on the arturia website is only for the people who own the V collection with Analog Lab 5 ?
was not aware about the include legacy sounds, i got a message telling that presets numbers from 3 plugins will be inluded , it added some presets but i'm at 3238 presets in Analog V. is it the normal number for owner of Analog Lab 4 + V ?

the only other thing i have installed is the melotron V demo, because there were missing samples in analog lab 4 to have the Vangelis II preset library to work properly on some presets. don't know if they fixed this issue in Analog Lab V ! Thanks for the help anyway :) !
Hi.

Good it's activated.

The full version of Analog Lab 4 had/ have over 6500 factory presets  i think the sales site wrote. Analog Lab V has over 2000 presets - excactly 2398 right now, if you select the bank named "Analog Lab Factory".
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/analoglab-v/overview - Look in the "Main Features" list.
(The number of presets mentioned in V-Collection is if you own the V-Collection.)

So yes it look like the full version of Analog Lab V has around 4000 less factory presets. However - i would assume, that you should have the Analog Lab 4 presets to show up in Analog Lab V, if you own a full version of Analog Lab 4 and they show up there. If that's the case, then you should have more presets in Analog Lab V than in Analog Lab 4, when you also include legacy presets. And your extra expansions should also count in both.

If you have all the presets and they show up in a full version of Analog Lab 4 you own, but they does'nt show up in Analog Lab 5, then i suggest you ask Arturia support about that.
I can't tell, if they should show up in Analog V, but i would assume they should, if i have them in a full version of Analog Lab 4 i own, as it's an update.

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2020, 10:29:24 am »
So yes it look like the full version of Analog Lab V has around 4000 less factory presets. However - i would assume, that you should have the Analog Lab 4 presets to show up in Analog Lab V, if you own a full version of Analog Lab 4 and they show up there. If that's the case, then you should have more presets in Analog Lab V than in Analog Lab 4, when you also include legacy presets. And your extra expansions should also count in both.

If you have all the presets and they show up in a full version of Analog Lab 4 you own, but they does'nt show up in Analog Lab 5, then i suggest you ask Arturia support about that.
I can't tell, if they should show up in Analog V, but i would assume they should, if i have them in a full version of Analog Lab 4 i own, as it's an update.

yes i own the full version of Analog Lab 4, so i was assuming that i would get approximatively the same number of presets from Analog 4 (around 6500 presets + the additionnal bank i have) in analog Lab 5 + new presets of Analog 5, but that's not the case, i'll write to arturia thanks !
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 11:29:20 am by Martyprod »

MajorFubar

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2020, 12:45:13 pm »
Unfortunately Arturia have massacred the number of presets available in Analog Lab unless you also own their V Collection software.

It took them a while to cotton on, but they've finally figured out that most users only ever use presets. Consequently they were haemorrhaging V Collection sales because all the V Collection presets were included in the full version of Analog Lab which costs a fraction of the price. That trend ended with Analog Lab 4, which only included a tiny percentage of the presets from the new synths in V Collection 7 but did at least keep all the presets from Analog Lab 3. Analog Lab V changes all that completely.
2022 Apple Studio Max 32/32/2TB Monterey • V Collection 9 • Analog Lab 4 + 5 • KeyLab 88 • KeyStep

Martyprod

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2020, 12:53:46 pm »
Unfortunately Arturia have massacred the number of presets available in Analog Lab unless you also own their V Collection software.

It took them a while to cotton on, but they've finally figured out that most users only ever use presets. Consequently they were haemorrhaging V Collection sales because all the V Collection presets were included in the full version of Analog Lab which costs a fraction of the price. That trend ended with Analog Lab 4, which only included a tiny percentage of the presets from the new synths in V Collection 7 but did at least keep all the presets from Analog Lab 3. Analog Lab V changes all that completely.

ho ok, so the numbers i have are normal ? and if i want to keep the presets i was using, i must keep Analog 4 and 5 installed unless i upgrade to the V collection ? right ? :( ...
(yes i'm aware of the presets removed).

i only use presets, so i have unfortunatly no interest in buying the V collection exepts to get more presets :( it's non sense, so i have never done it because for just having presets it's paying for something i'll never use, and i don't have that money anyway, not even talking about the price upgrade at each new collection, 200€ just to use presets.

Thanks for this information :(.

sa.macfarlane@yahoo.com

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2020, 12:02:21 am »
I updated ASC yesterday as I found I was missing some purchased banks. I then found every instrument in V Collection 7 needed updated, but they all stick with no more data download after a few seconds. I tried tonight and there were no updates showing which was weird so I restarted ASC and again had eth same issue, all require updating but none will download the updates. I'm really happy if there were loads of orders for V8 (I personally think it is a bit too high a price), but please remember the existing V7 customers who can't access their purchased software and patches right now.

And please please please, stop making us jump through hoops with the unreadable captchas and the questions before we can ask for support!!

BrianMakesNoise

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2020, 12:03:50 am »
Thank you!!! This worked like a charm!

I guess that the moral of the story is to go and download a new copy of ASC for each download.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines