April 19, 2024, 11:15:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Bug of the Day - KSP has a dodgy arpeggiator  (Read 1255 times)

synthcreep

• Apprentice
Bug of the Day - KSP has a dodgy arpeggiator
« on: December 08, 2020, 04:51:30 am »
The following video demonstrates a long standing problem with KSP's arpeggiator implementation.

https://youtu.be/bLcjE0Ih_lk

The problem is that KSP's the arpeggiator will sporadically drop notes when playing. I believe this is triggered by overlapping notes and a poor note priority implementation getting confused about which note it should play.  Whatever the underlying cause, it functionally makes the arpeggiator useless for much beyond playing a single pattern or chord, enabling "hold" and leaving it alone.  Playing simple synth pop or Euro disco type phrases (for example) with the arpeggiator is highly problematic because it will sporadically drop notes, messing up timing and melodic structure. 

More accomplished players may be able to compensate better but for the rest of us the arpeggiator is not currently usable for composition or performance.

callimero

• Apprentice
Re: Bug of the Day - KSP has a dodgy arpeggiator
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 11:33:04 am »
Yea, I can redo it. However I am not sure what I should expect.

Have you tried to set ARP Pattern to Poly? Thats a bit better IMHO. But I like more set it to "Rand"

C!

madb

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 09:23:32 pm »
Wow, thanks for this demonstration... I'd been feeling something was off, but thought maybe it was a problem with me. Can confirm that it's still an issue on 1.3.7 as well, and the only mono arp pattern where notes don't drop is Rand.  :-\

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 09:54:37 pm »
Is this still happening in 1.3.7?
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

madb

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 10:00:48 pm »
Is this still happening in 1.3.7?

Yes.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines