April 19, 2024, 08:34:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: record modulation to pattern ?  (Read 4272 times)

agodzillar

• Apprentice
record modulation to pattern ?
« on: December 07, 2020, 04:40:36 pm »

Hi
my modulation strip goes to velo/MOD cv to my modular correctly. But it looks like the mod is not recorded in patterns ?

ps : the verification on arturia forum is an absolute nightmare. Is this only for the login and first post ? or is this for ever asking me about adsr and music industry... my bank has less protection than this.

Andrew Henderson

Re: record modulation to pattern ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 04:47:06 pm »

Hi
my modulation strip goes to velo/MOD cv to my modular correctly. But it looks like the mod is not recorded in patterns ?

ps : the verification on arturia forum is an absolute nightmare. Is this only for the login and first post ? or is this for ever asking me about adsr and music industry... my bank has less protection than this.

No, modulation and pitch are not recorded in the sequences.  They are only played live.

agodzillar

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 04:51:01 pm »
thx !

(to thank you i had to type : eukevh sustain airutra
!!!not sure i'll come back on this forum really :p

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 05:16:31 pm »
thx !

(to thank you i had to type : eukevh sustain airutra
!!!not sure i'll come back on this forum really :p

Oh come on isn't typing moronic Captchas part of the fun Arturia forum experience :)

callimero

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 09:49:45 am »
The captchas stay forever?! WTF... Already skipped a post yesterday after I could not satisfy the server....  ???

Maybe the should use a wider range of questions, so we could at least learn something...

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:27:29 am »
I can't believe recording pitch bend, mod wheel, and even the 5 knobs when in CC Control mode can't be recorded into the sequencers. That's simply insane. Seriously, WTAF. Pretty standard for modern equipment. Even my $150 Volca Sample (and the other Volcas) can record knob movements.  ???
This space left intentionally blank.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 10:53:43 am »
The captchas stay forever?! WTF... Already skipped a post yesterday after I could not satisfy the server....  ???

Maybe the should use a wider range of questions, so we could at least learn something...

https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=103218.0

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 10:54:52 am »
I can't believe recording pitch bend, mod wheel, and even the 5 knobs when in CC Control mode can't be recorded into the sequencers. That's simply insane. Seriously, WTAF. Pretty standard for modern equipment. Even my $150 Volca Sample (and the other Volcas) can record knob movements.  ???

Was this the case on the normal Keystep too? I never had one, only the KSP.

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 10:08:09 am »
It is very well possible to record CC# values on the  Keystep Pro. You can use the Control track for that purpose. It's a track on which you can record just like on the normal tracks.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

dtristram

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 04:20:14 pm »
severe limitations:

- cannot record modulation or pitch bend
 - cannot route CC controller automation from control track to control voltage outputs

feature request please!!!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2021, 03:43:14 am »
severe limitations:

- cannot record modulation or pitch bend
 - cannot route CC controller automation from control track to control voltage outputs

feature request please!!!

In other topics here and GS, Edouard said the former can't be implemented due to the lack of memory in the KSP... Not happening until a KSP MKII sees the light of day sry dude.
He didn't say it can't be implemented. He said it would be hard since it's continuous data whereas the sequencer is in discreet steps.
I for one will be rather miffed if they don't implement this. The KSP surely has plenty of memory for this.
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines