April 19, 2024, 12:01:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: User Selectable Options for Random Patch Generation  (Read 2105 times)

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
User Selectable Options for Random Patch Generation
« on: December 04, 2020, 08:59:40 pm »
After further thought, I am editing this feature request to streamline the idea and make more sense:

The Random patch generation sounds great, and I was thinking it would be amazing if we could expand this powerful capability by adding more functions such as a parameter "lock" where you lock in existing patch points along with their A/B values that you don't want to change. You could do this by adding a lock option on an empty button in the Generate sub menu that could be held while pressing a matrix patch point, which would keep any further randomization from changing this specific patch point on either A or B side, this way you could keep exploring new exciting possibilities of a sound you already like, while keeping the core goodness locked in place. What do you guys think, is this achievable? or maybe some derivative of this idea so that we can have more creative options when exploring the endless world of random?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:20:47 am by Rymo »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: User Selectable Options for Random Patch Generation
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 04:15:53 pm »
Hi
There are a few methods i already use to make patches, first the random generator  i think work on what type of patch you have  like a Pad or a bass to generate from

but my favourite is the Pick B option where you have a patch selected then you can add the B element from any other patch you have this speeds up design and also throws in some unexpected sounds.
I am think ing of doing a YT video on this subject what do you think.

TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 03:49:19 pm »

Absolutely, please make a video! I have watched every single video on Youtube, there are some great ones, but I would really like to see more videos focused on deep dive functions and hidden tips and tricks. I know more will come once it releases, and these videos are a great way for us to transfer knowledge about this complex beast
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 04:12:42 am by Rymo »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 10:25:51 pm »

Absolutely, please make a video! I have watched every single video on Youtube, there are some great ones, but I would really like to see more videos focused on deep dive functions and hidden tips and tricks. I know more will come once it releases, and these videos are a great way for us to transfer knowledge about this complex beast

Here you go         https://youtu.be/KWccAovkYcA
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines