March 29, 2024, 12:27:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Forward USB midi clock to midi outputs  (Read 1943 times)

Ab Wilson

• Apprentice
Forward USB midi clock to midi outputs
« on: December 02, 2020, 10:13:34 am »
I'm not sure this is a feature request or a bug report. In my set up I try to be as DAW less as possible. I'm using my Drumbrute as sync master. It's sending out midi sync and analogue clocks with various other downstream hardware sequencers listening. I use Logic to record and usually I'll just use it like a tape machine and not sync it at all. However, just lately I've been trying to get these in sync so I can sequence a few polyphonic lines in Logic. What I was hoping was I'd be able to use the USB connection from my powerbook to the Drumbrute, and have it then forward the midi sync downstream as now.

However this doesn't seem to be working. If I switch the Drumbrute to synch from USB the downstream devices seem to loose sync. Should this work? Are there some settings I need to tweak? Or, is this not implemented?

Why do I want to do this? I could make Logic the master clock and have everything sync'ed from there, but if I do that then Logic is required for everything. Right now I can just press play on the Drumbrute and jam. To make Logic the master I'd have to repatch everything every time I switch between Logic, and the Drumbrute as master.

Best Regards

Ab

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines