April 16, 2024, 07:40:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Project naming  (Read 2241 times)

Artishard116

Project naming
« on: November 28, 2020, 08:20:39 am »
New user here. Am i Crazy or is there no way to name a project on the device? Manual and google searches turned up nothing.

Andrew Henderson

Re: Project naming
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 01:30:01 pm »
New user here. Am i Crazy or is there no way to name a project on the device? Manual and google searches turned up nothing.

There's no way to name projects.  I have often wondered this myself and hate how it just says project one, project two etc, without knowing what is what.  being able to name projects is something that really should be implemented. You should write to support and let them know this, that way it is at least noted.

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 11:18:32 am »
You can name projects in the MIDI Control Center, just click on the Project name and rename it.
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

Andrew Henderson

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 02:27:44 pm »
You can name projects in the MIDI Control Center, just click on the Project name and rename it.

Does this new name get sent and read from the KSP screen?

synthcreep

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 05:08:45 pm »
I swear that this is new and must have appeared with the last MCC update.  You definitely never used to be able to.

callimero

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 06:14:38 pm »

Maybe for Keystep and Beatstep Pro... The MCC for the KSP is waaaaay behind.

Carsten

khidr

• Music is everything
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 09:58:53 pm »

Nope.. Do you use the latest firmware (1.3.7) and the latest MIDI Control Center version? (1.13.0.5) Renaming is no problem there. Sync the Keystep Pro.. you'll get a new user project. (something like Project 1 2020_09_03.  Click on that name and rename it to whatever you want. The name will of course not showup in the display, that is way too small to display names.

Carsten

Carsten
-------------------------------------------------
www.soundcloud.com/khidr

callimero

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:43:14 pm »
I am confused?!  ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Is that a glitch in the matrix?!

This quote is not from anything I wrote?!

I even tried before my answer and was not able to rename anything in MCC for the KSP.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 03:45:35 pm by callimero »

Lonzo5

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 03:52:11 pm »
You're able to rename projects within the MCC, but they don't translate over to the device when you've moved a project back to the KSP.  I could understand having a character limit, but without having a Seq view in the MCC, there's literally no way to tell what's in a project without loading and playing it.

spnc

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2020, 07:28:28 pm »
You're able to rename projects within the MCC, but they don't translate over to the device when you've moved a project back to the KSP.  I could understand having a character limit, but without having a Seq view in the MCC, there's literally no way to tell what's in a project without loading and playing it.

I guess the screen size itself will prevent this from happening... Keystep Pro v2 hopefully one day...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines