March 28, 2024, 07:30:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can you use KSP as the master tempo into DAW (logic)  (Read 1346 times)

GregIcky

• Apprentice
Can you use KSP as the master tempo into DAW (logic)
« on: November 28, 2020, 02:24:52 am »
I've tried various settings, transmitting MMC, turning on and off midi clock send/receive...etc.

I would like to run my DAW as a SLAVE to my KSP. I'm running Logic X.

I would also like just an informative thread on how to set up KSP and Logic to use it in various ways. I've seen a serious LACK of this from Arturia and no, I don't want to use Ableton.

I mainly use KSP for a modular, I've got no complaints about that.... But it seem to me it should be super simple to use both.

Logic is big and deep and this should be fairly simple (even if you have to go into the "environment" and create and object). I don't see why Arturia can't simply explain some of these things to non-power users. It's not that hard to make a tutorial, a graphic, a step 1,2,3 guide.

As of yet, I can't get the transport controls to work without sending and receiving clock messages... I'm not even sure that is working correctly (seems like ONE or the other works but not both) and if I DO get that working, then the tempo is comes from Logic and NOT the KSP.

KSP claims to use MMC. But what about MTC? Midi time code? Can MMC NOT receive TIME messages? Sorry, I'm not a MIDI expert, but hey, it's been around since the 80's. So like tell us some basics on how to get YOUR PRODUT to work with ones we use on a daily basis. It's why we buy them.

spnc

• Apprentice
Re: Can you use KSP as the master tempo into DAW (logic)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 08:05:26 pm »
I've tried various settings, transmitting MMC, turning on and off midi clock send/receive...etc.

I would like to run my DAW as a SLAVE to my KSP. I'm running Logic X.

I would also like just an informative thread on how to set up KSP and Logic to use it in various ways. I've seen a serious LACK of this from Arturia and no, I don't want to use Ableton.

I mainly use KSP for a modular, I've got no complaints about that.... But it seem to me it should be super simple to use both.

Logic is big and deep and this should be fairly simple (even if you have to go into the "environment" and create and object). I don't see why Arturia can't simply explain some of these things to non-power users. It's not that hard to make a tutorial, a graphic, a step 1,2,3 guide.

As of yet, I can't get the transport controls to work without sending and receiving clock messages... I'm not even sure that is working correctly (seems like ONE or the other works but not both) and if I DO get that working, then the tempo is comes from Logic and NOT the KSP.

KSP claims to use MMC. But what about MTC? Midi time code? Can MMC NOT receive TIME messages? Sorry, I'm not a MIDI expert, but hey, it's been around since the 80's. So like tell us some basics on how to get YOUR PRODUT to work with ones we use on a daily basis. It's why we buy them.

Following.

koenig_h

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 11:05:15 am »
As far as i know, Logic Pro always needs to be the MIDI Clock Master. There is no way of slaving Logic to an external MIDI clock.

Carney#12

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2020, 04:39:01 am »
This is one of the issues with logic. Apparently you can sync MTC, but not a standard midi clock.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines