March 29, 2024, 04:31:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi controller does not work with B3  (Read 5386 times)

Maurino

Midi controller does not work with B3
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:39:34 pm »
Hi!

My standard MIDI controller works fine with the V collection except for the B3. I have tried switching to other channels but it doesn't work.. :( Nor in Logic or stand alone. Whiting Logic I do see the keyboard on screen responding but not on the B3 keys.

Thans you very much!

LBH

Re: Midi controller does not work with B3
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:26:41 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums?

Whiting Logic I do see the keyboard on screen responding but not on the B3 keys.
Not sure i understand this.
Do you say, that the B3 GUIs keys does'nt react?

Does it work, if you use midi channel 1?

Do you get sound, if you click the B3 GUIs keys?

Maurino

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 02:07:35 pm »
Thanks!

Yeah so when I press the keys with my mouse for example it works fine. But when I use the Midi keyboard it does not. Tried on "All" and on "Channel 1, 2, etc."

Not having this issue with the other instruments within the V collection.

Cheers

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 04:00:34 pm »
B3V2 does'nt have a ALL midi channel setting like you mention. So where do you set midi channels?

Have you set your controller to send on midi channel 1? And are you sure, that you pass midi channel 1 through your DAW, if you use it in a DAW?

If you have done this, then i suggest you try a reinstall of B3V2. It should work.
If you use AU, and it does'nt work with them, but it work with the standalone application, then it can be plugin related. In that case i suggest you contact Arturia support.
I'm on Windows.
However, i assume more would report failure like this, if it's a OS or AU issue. Can't be sure though.

Cheers.

dan2020

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2021, 11:57:33 pm »
I fixed this issue for myself by opening the standalone B3 app and going to
Settings -> Keyboard Mode
And setting it from 'Multi' to 'Split'

LBH

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 12:26:37 pm »
I fixed this issue for myself by opening the standalone B3 app and going to
Settings -> Keyboard Mode
And setting it from 'Multi' to 'Split'
Hi,

That's because the manuals in Split mode use the same midi channel setting - by default "All" that's availble in this mode. This is also the case for the Upper and Lower mode. But if the midi channel in this mode is set to 1, then you would have to use midi channel 1 to get sound.
But what do you do, if you wan't to use B3V2 in Multi mode, that i assume was the case in this thread? You should be able too use all modes.

I think all factory presets each is stored to use Multi mode by default. Upper manual on midi channel 1, Lower manual on midi channel 2, and the pedals on midi channel 3.
Just be sure to pass the correct midi channels to B3 V and it should work. And then you don't need to do more work to hear and use each of the factory presets.
It's possible to set your own midi channels for each of the manuals in a preset, if you don't wan't to use the default settings.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines