March 29, 2024, 01:09:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible Mainstage Issues with Sustain Pedal  (Read 1311 times)

Seraphmoon

Possible Mainstage Issues with Sustain Pedal
« on: November 27, 2020, 04:57:17 pm »
Hey guys, so I just purchased 2 Keylab 88's and 2 korg sustain pedals for our church band.  I am running Mainstage and I can't get the sustain pedals to work, I am not sure it is a mainstage issue because I don't have another program to try it with. 

It kind of acts like it is a loose connection, on one of the 88s if I insert the korg jack almost all the way it will make connection and work if it stays in the exact right spot.  On both set ups I can get the sustain pedal on mainstage to recognize the pedals by lighting up when I have the 1/4 inch jack at varying depths but then it looses it almost immediately.

Both of the 88's are brand new and so are the sustain pedals, not sure what the chances of 2 sets of brand new sets of hardware having malfunctions are but if anyone has any ideas of how to troubleshoot any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

LBH

Re: Possible Mainstage Issues with Sustain Pedal
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 12:38:15 am »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums?

I suggest you connect a pedal to the controllers dedicated sustain input. Then set your controller up in Analog Lab standalone application (outside a host).
If/ when it work, then shift pedal.
If/ when that work, then try to connect a pedal to another input on your controller, and set the parameters correct for that to work.
Please consult your controller manual to use the different connections, and remember to read the note boxes too.

Do the same with both controllers.

If/ when this works, then you know the controllers and the pedals work, in any combination.

Then you can try to make your controllers and pedals within your DAW/ Mainstage.
I don't have a Arturia controller, and i'm on Windows. But i think that you in mainstage perhaps need to assign controls.

Hope this helps.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines