March 29, 2024, 06:49:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: What DAW do you use for your MicroFreak?  (Read 2688 times)

tejas41

What DAW do you use for your MicroFreak?
« on: November 26, 2020, 10:43:45 am »
Hi! I recently built a pc/bought a MicroFreak because I wanted to start learning the synth and to record some music. The only problem i’m having so far is getting a system to recognize the MF so that i can start recording. I got the free version of ProTools but it only recognizes the keyboard as a plain keyboard and is super frustrating to use on that system. What DAW do y’all use to record with the synth? Appreciate the help!!

192.168.o.1
tp link login

« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 10:07:42 am by tejas41 »

vinark

• Apprentice
Re: What DAW do you use for your MicroFreak?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 03:53:34 pm »
Cubase elements maybe. But you de need to have an audio card to, to which you can connect the audio out of the MF. Otherwise it is just a midi keyboard, there is no audio on the MF usb. Your PC might have an audio in port but that is high latency, unless you use a program called asio4all. But expect a steep learning curve for everything. If you go the cubase elements or ableton lite route and you do manage it, you will be rewarded with, reverbs delays and other fx on your MF plus many includes instruments.
Have a look at some basic daw usage videos on YouTube.

Autosuggestion

• Apprentice
Re: What DAW do you use for your MicroFreak?
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 08:40:38 pm »
Tejas, what are you using to connect the synth's Audio Out jack to your computer?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines