April 19, 2024, 03:25:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is it possible to control the 'Press' amount via midi?  (Read 1500 times)

alsoknownaudio

• Apprentice
Is it possible to control the 'Press' amount via midi?
« on: January 07, 2021, 03:51:15 pm »
I have some patches where the press is an integral part of the sound it works fine with the MF keyboard. However, is it possible to effect this with an external midi controller? (Using aftertouch, for example). I know the MF press is polyphonic, but that isn't too important for my purposes. Is it possible to effect this parameter externally?

Thanks
J

Airlane1979

• Apprentice
Re: Is it possible to control the 'Press' amount via midi?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 04:04:12 pm »
I think the MF designers were out to lunch when MIDI was implemented in this synth. So far as I know and from the manual, aftertouch (pressure) is not recognised. There isn't a MIDI implementation chart in the manual as there is with, so far as I know, every other MIDI device ever made, merely a list of CC numbers which uses non-standard codes. It's trial and error for users and for me is a severe limit on the MF.

alsoknownaudio

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 04:06:52 pm »
I think the MF designers were out to lunch when MIDI was implemented in this synth. So far as I know and from the manual, aftertouch (pressure) is not recognised. There isn't a MIDI implementation chart in the manual as there is with, so far as I know, every other MIDI device ever made, merely a list of CC numbers which uses non-standard codes. It's trial and error for users and for me is a severe limit on the MF.

That’s a shame, although I thought it nah be the case.

Is this something which could potentially be fixed in firmware?

alsoknownaudio

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 01:09:22 pm »
Just checking back in here for anyone else with the same question. It turns out the MF does respond to standard aftertouch over midi  8)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines