April 18, 2024, 06:43:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: local control being turned off by clock data via MIDI over DIN  (Read 2151 times)

standingwave

local control being turned off by clock data via MIDI over DIN
« on: November 26, 2020, 05:20:21 am »
 So the title says it all really.
 I'm sending clock over midi din, out of my expert sleepers USAMO. I'm monitoring the data stream and only see start/stop and clock data. Yet after a few starts and stops, the synth's local control is turned off. This is a new behavior with the last firmware update.

Is anyone else able to reproduce?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 01:59:31 pm by standingwave »

standingwave

Re: local control being turned off by clock data via MIDI over DIN
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 02:03:17 pm »
  So after a bit more troubleshooting, it seems if I take clock/start stop off of omni send, the behavior does not persist.  I did not go though each channel to see which one is affecting the MXB global controls as of yet.
 I reburned the firmware to make sure it wasn't an issue with my installation and the behavior was still present, so if others can produce, this is most likely a bug.
  Perhaps someone smarter than me could exploit this bug for some added midi control? Maybe there are other back door entrances to programming the MXB via midi we have yet to find?

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 09:11:25 pm »
In my setup, I use a Squarp Pyramid sequencer, and as far as I know its always sending the start/stop and or clock on all channels when enabled (so Omni) (Hence the issue with multiple HW synths firing off when I don't want them too) - I have not experienced a change in local control with the MxB. I often start/stop the sequence, and local control stays on.  I'm wondering how else I can help to troubleshoot this with you. Maybe trying to simulate this via midi out from another interface and using something like Bome's midi translator Pro software to filter start/stop and clock on channels would be a way to switch or filter to isolate. Have you always used the USAMO or is it new to your setup?

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 09:40:31 pm »
Maybe you could try sending start/stop and clock from your DAW directly to Mxb via your DAw interface if it has midi capability? (so bypass the USAMO temporarily)

Hmm- doing a bit more research, how are you setting the channel for start/stop in USAMO? as I'm finding that Clock and Start/Stop/Continue message are global (System Real-Time) messages and not associated with a channel..am I correct?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 09:55:09 pm by clos820 »

standingwave

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2020, 12:19:05 pm »
Hmm.
 So it appears that others are not seeing this behavior...

USAMO will allow me to channelize clock and start/stop.

I appreciate you guys seeing if you were seeing that same thing.

Next chance I get, I will analyze the MIDI coming from the USAMO unit. There is something being sent that is able to access at least one of the MXB's global controls; perhaps there is something we can use here.

When I know more ill report back here.
 Cheers!

clos820

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2021, 06:08:43 pm »
Did you ever get a chance to test further? any update on the issue you where experiencing?

standingwave

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2021, 06:27:56 pm »
Sorry for the late response  clos820.
 Since it becoming a non-issue for me, I haven't gotten back to testing. If they begin beta testing a new firmware, I definitely bring it up!

Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines