April 25, 2024, 08:40:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sustain pedal shows right value in display, but hangs in the software/sound  (Read 2860 times)

Rydenlicious

• Apprentice
Hi.
Saw this post:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=85218.0

I got a Keylab 49 essential a while ago, just got a sustain pedal. And the pedal hangs frequently!
When I press the sustain pedal, it shows the correct midi changes from 0-127, and 127-0 when I let the pedal go. But in the software, the sustain suddenly hangs and wont turn off in a while.

LBH

Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Which software?
Which factory preset? Perhaps it's a release time in the sound or something like that.

Do you change presets or application focus while the sustain is activated?

Are your firmware and software updated?

Rydenlicious

• Apprentice
Tried another plugins now, the other synths in arturia works with the sustain. Its only the Piano/grand pianos and such. Any way to fix it? I have the Piano V2, demo

LBH

So far so good.

If it's possibble in the demo version, then i suggest, you click the Midi Learn button in the top right of Piano V2, and check if the sustain pedal for some reason is'nt assigned. If it's not, then just assign it.

If you can't do this, then please tell, if the Piano V2 presets you have in your Analog Lab software respond to the sustain pedal.

Rydenlicious

• Apprentice
Nevermind, now it happened with the Mini synth to.

The sustain pedal only works some of the times. And when it actually works, the sustain doesnt go off when I take my foot off the pedal.

Used hours trying to fix this shit.

LBH

I'm sorry to hear that.

Nevermind what?

If it work sometimes and sometimes not and it's with the same sound, then that can indicate some kind of hardware (controller or pedal) or connection issue (including the pedal cable), or perhaps a firmware issue for your controller.

If it's a controller firmware issue, then you could be able to fix it doing a reset like described in the controller manual.
Also be sure, that the firmware is the latest.

(BTW: Please keep in mind, that the link you have posted is about Keylab 88 from 2015.
Your controller is a Keylab Essential. You can't compare.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 12:10:27 am by LBH »

Rydenlicious

• Apprentice
"Nevermind" to that it was only a issue with Piano V.

The sustain pedal is completely new, and the polarity is switched to the correct setting.
The firmware is updated to the last firmware available on the controller. Also updated everything with the Arturia Software Center.

The weird thing is, with some of the plugins I have, it works great in Analog Lab. It even works with PLAY/Quantum Leap Pianos. It's only the Piano V and some synth in Arturia there seems to be a problem.

To be clear: When playing with Piano V(2), the sustain pedal works sometimes, but sometimes not. And when it actually works, the sustain doesnt turn off before I've pressed the sustain pedal 4-6 times.

Rydenlicious

• Apprentice
Also:

I wrote some MIDI in Protools, and programmed Sustain. That had the same effect. So this is a software issue.

LBH

Strange.

Now you mention Pro Tools. Is it still only using AAX plugins?
Are you having the issue, when you use the standalone applications?

Analog lab use the same settings the full applications does, because the factory presets apart from the multies is the same as in the full applications. So things that work in Analog Lab for not multies presets, should also work in the full applications.

Perhaps there is something gone wrong in your installs or files. Have you tried to clear the applications preferences, and if that did'nt work tried to reinstall the applications?

Keep in mind, that it in some synths can be preset programming related, if the sustain work. So in those cases it could help to know the name of the application and a preset, that give you issues. That can be tested.
But in example Piano V2 presets  and other Piano preset should all work with the sustain pedal.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:59:29 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines