April 16, 2024, 08:25:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigments MIDI out (in Logic Pro)  (Read 2294 times)

arto

Pigments MIDI out (in Logic Pro)
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:19:39 am »
Hello

Could anyone guide in to how to send midi out from the sequencer?
What I want to achieve is record the midi notes from the sequencer to one of  Logic’s midi regions.

If this is not possible, what are then the use case for the midi out feature?

I have tried to search the manual and this forum for help without luck. Thanks in advance.

LBH

Re: Pigments MIDI out (in Logic Pro)
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 04:11:07 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

I know i have written posts about this in the forum.

Pigments output MIDI notes from the sequencer. (Manual section 9.1.10. MIDI Output) - The notes are not exported.
So if you in your DAW select the VST/ Pigments as input for it's own track or another track, then the notes a Pigments output when it's playing, can be recorded as midi notes in the sequencer, if you arm and record tracks that have that Pigments as midi input.

Note that some DAWs can't use AU plugins for this, but only VST plugins.

arto

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 10:04:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

I had a look at the manual. I guess my questions are DAW specific. I understand notes are not exported so I wanted to do what you describe, record the notes of the sequencer into a track.

I will try to find out how to do it in Logic Pro X. In the meantime, if someone has a tip about this, I'm all ears.

PS: the letters in the anti-spam verification are too hard to read!!

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 10:16:23 pm »
As i wrote, then you shall select Pigments as midi input for the track. That's instead of in example having a controller as midi input.

I can't tell how you select the tracks midi input in Logic, as i'm not a Logic user. But i assume it's  a simple selector, so you can select between avaible input sources.
If not, then you shall route the midi output from Pigments to a tracks midi input somehow.

If you actually ask about the actual settings you need to do in Logic, then i suggest you ask in a Logic forum or read Logics manual, as it's not speciel for  or about Pigments.
You can be lucky someone here can and will tell.

EDIT: I'm not sure you can use AU for this. Not sure they can output midi." You can explore that, if needed." EDIT END
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:55:37 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines