April 23, 2024, 09:08:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Gate not working properly for output CV control of Eurorack  (Read 1176 times)

mylorman

• Apprentice
Gate not working properly for output CV control of Eurorack
« on: November 20, 2020, 06:38:49 am »
Damn this is frustrating.
I want to externally clock the KSP at low BPM.
I am externally clocking the KSP using Pamelas New Workout at 6BPM.
The KSP internal Clock rate is set to 2 PPQ.
Why they cant allow you to have 1 pulse per note I am not sure ... seems like a no brainer to me for controlling eurorack but anyway on we go...
The Display on the KSP shows 31 BPM .. first issue... display doesn't show correct BPM even though external clocking is selected.
When I create a sequence and play it then the note lengths are correct for the input external clock.
The gate times for the notes however are just not working properly.
The KSP display shows 1.5|1.5 for my gates or as high as 64|64 but the longest gate i get out of the gate output is about 360ms !
Makes it kind of useless for external clocking if you cant set the gate times for eurorack control properly.
After all not everyone tries making techno or fast music.
I am trying to use it for making atmospheric / Ambient music with long notes etc etc.
One of the most frustrating aspects about all of the Arturia hardware products that I have bought is that they seem to release their firmware without actually properly testing it.
Even with the Matrixbrute there are bugs some two years after its release .. so much for maintaining their flagship product.
This disregard for the consumer really pisses me off.
Adam V
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:09:02 am by mylorman »

x56a

• Apprentice
Re: Gate not working properly for output CV control of Eurorack
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2021, 12:55:01 am »
I'm a similar issue (just created a post about it): my KSP is not outputting anything from the CV outputs in the back, on any track. Weird product. Might return it its just... weird.

PS: Also wtf, seriously? I have to solve excruciatingly distorted captchas and respond 2 questions every time I want to comment / post / edit? wtf arturia 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines