March 28, 2024, 10:34:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Disable Seq1 and Seq2 Midi Out  (Read 1125 times)

seedmole

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Disable Seq1 and Seq2 Midi Out
« on: November 01, 2020, 05:17:59 pm »
Hi, I'm trying to use my Beatstep Pro to control a modular synth along with a MIDI keyboard, with Seq 1 and 2 going to the modular synth and the Drum part going to the keyboard to trigger drum samples. I'm having trouble with both Sequencers sending unwanted MIDI signals to the keyboard. I have looked through the settings and it appears that there is no way to disable MIDI Out from the sequencers. I have tried changing the Seq 1 and Seq 2 MIDI Out channel assignments but the keyboard responds on all of them and I am unable to disable those channels on the keyboard. The only solution I can think of would be if the MIDI Control Center's dropdown list for the MIDI Out Channel assignments had a Null option which would disable MIDI Out for that sequence.

I was glad to find that I could remap the Drum pads to the required MIDI Notes to get this keyboard to function as my audio source for drum sounds, but until there is a way to disable MIDI Out on the Sequencers while using them for CV I'll be unable to use this to its fullest extent. Please add the option to disable MIDI Out from Seq 1 and Seq 2, perhaps through an option in the drop-down menu for assigning their MIDI channels. Thank you if this is possible, it would drastically improve the functionality of this unit in my setup!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines