November 25, 2020, 02:55:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues  (Read 64 times)

fenderchris

• Apprentice
V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:59:33 pm »
I previously set up and saved midi mappings for my Panorama P1 controller for all of the synths in the V7 collection, plus OBX-A and Pigments. All was working fine.

After installing the latest updates these mappings are no longer working properly. When used as plugins in Nuendo they do generally function, but they have all lost their midi assignments for the Left/Right arrows (previous/next preset selection). Going to the midi mapping page within the plugins they are all set as 'unassigned' for those two arrow buttons. Not difficult to remedy, but why have they been lost?

When using the synths in Standalone mode things are far worse - they do not respond to any of the midi mapping assignments at all. The mapping files can be selected (they are the same ones used in 'plugin' mode) but nothing responds. I have 26 of these synths and do not want to have to reconfigure the midi mapping for all of them again
 for Standalone mode.

Can anyone else confirm this?

I am using a Windows-10 PC with an i9 processor.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:08:19 pm by fenderchris »
Windows-10 64-bit, 24gb ram, Nuendo 10.2.20, V6 Collection, Pigments, OB-Xa.

LBH

Re: V7 Collection Midi Mapping Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 06:29:30 pm »
HI,

From the top of my head.

If you does'nt export your own configurations, then they can be lost. You can import exported configurations.
That i can confirm.
You can also have a backup of the files, where saved configurations are located. I think the data is stored in a file somewhere. I think it's in the tmp folder.

I do think it's strange, that saved none exported user midi configurations can be lost/ deleted by updates. When one save a map one exspect it's saved in a user file, that will not be changed by updates. You can report it to Arturia support, if you wish.

The standalone and the plugin use the same maps, if you use the applications own MIDI learn function and direct midi CC from your controller. The map is simply a midi CC, so if something anywhere send that midi CC number correct, then it should work.

I can't remember, if you need to close an application, before it's availble in another.

Does this match your observations?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines