April 19, 2024, 02:29:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 8 Pre consistently loses firmware update - !!! ISSUE RESOLVED !!!  (Read 1948 times)

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
my 8 pre loses its firmware update about once every 1 or 2 weeks and i have to re update it. not a big deal, but i thought i would bring it up here. it acts like it factory resets occasionally (firmware downgrades, all inputs mute, etc)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 03:34:33 pm by Rymo »

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
Re: 8 Pre consistently loses firmware update
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2020, 05:16:55 am »
after closer inspection i see that my 8pre loses firmware EVERY time the unit powers off. I get the same message every time i turn on the interface:

"This firmware version (0.1.6) is out of date. Please update it to 1.0.2"

so every time i turn on my system i have to update. its not a big deal, but is starting to become a bit annoying. Im wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if so, is there a fix?

TimArturia

• HardCore4Ever Dev
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2020, 07:57:17 am »
Hi Rymo,

Thanks for reporting this.

It is a really strange behavior which could be coming from a hardware defect.
Our units are all tested at the end of production lines so the problem may have appeared during transport.

I strongly recommend you to get in touch with our support team in order for us to record and analyze your issue.

I cannot give you any quick fix or workaround at the moment, but if I think about one I will give it to you.

Thanks.

TG

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 01:18:25 pm »
I have the exact same problem.

Firmware does not update, and Arturia button flashes when turning the unit on.
AFCC says update, and "performs update" says, "success"

next time I turn unit on, same thing.

Support have told me to delete software, reset pram, try different cables and ports, and try another computer to do update.
I have tried all to no success.

I have also tried a hardware reset of the unit (holding mono on startup)

all combinations bring the same result... upon restarting the unit, flashing power/arturia button and asking to update the firmware in the software.

Very frustrating,
Please help!

Rymo

• Apprentice
  • Olio
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 03:33:37 pm »
I reached out to support, and they were quick to point out the cause of the issue. here is the exchange:

ME: every time i power down the 8 Pre (hold A button for 5 seconds) and then power back on (hold A button for 5 seconds), the A button begins to blink and the control center software informs me that my firmware is out of date, and i need to update to 1.0.2 which I do everytime. If I dont update the firmware, It wont allow me to pass audio through it. Besides this issue, the interface works pefectly.

Arturia Support: The reason for this is that by pressing the (A) button for a long time you put the unit in Bootloader mode, which is used to install or reinstall the Firmware.

So you indeed need to do a long press on the (A) button to turn OFF the AudioFuse 8Pre.

But to turn it on, you just need a short press on the (A) button to turn ON the AudioFuse 8Pre, do not press the button for a long time because then you enter bootloader mode.

------------------------

hope this helps anyone else experiencing this issue, it was definitely user error on my part. I have no more issues now that I turn on the unit correctly
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 03:38:07 pm by Rymo »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines