March 28, 2024, 02:37:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues I've noted on Analog Lab  (Read 2769 times)

dimas410

• Apprentice
Issues I've noted on Analog Lab
« on: November 17, 2020, 03:54:26 pm »
I recently bought a Keylab 61mkii and it came with Analog Lab Software. I'm loving the sounds but i've noticed some issues.
Sometimes I get audio dropouts that may last up to 1 second when I'm running Arturia software, it doesn't happen otherwise. My ableton project is around 17% on CPU so I'm guessing that's not the problem.
Another issue i've noted is the fact that we're not able to have one concert of presets on one session and another concert with other batch of presets on another session... When I open up a session it comes up with the last concert used on Analog Lab instead of the one that was saved in the project.
I write this in hopes that this issues can be attented and also to verify if I'm alone on this one or if it happens to anyone else.
Thanks for your time.

LBH

Re: Issues I've noted on Analog Lab
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 06:53:53 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

Windows 10, Studio One 3.

I can confirm what you describe about Concerts. You can ask Arturia support about if this can be changed.

If the 17% CPU usage you mention is for the full CPU, then a single CPU core can be overloaded, depending on have many cores you have. Have you checked if one CPU core i overloaded?
Do you hear crackling or does the sound just stop?
Is it when you change preset or anything else the delay happens?

dimas410

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2020, 08:52:42 pm »
I haven't checked how many cores are being used. Sometimes I hear crackling and sometimes it just abruptly stops for about one second and then plays again. It doesn't happen when changing presets.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 09:09:26 pm »
Please check if just a single CPU core is overloaded, when it happens. If you in example have 6 CPU cores or more, then a single Core can be maxed out with a 17% usage of the full CPU. It depends, but it's a possibility.

dimas410

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 11:36:39 pm »
How do I verify exactly which cores are being used?

LBH

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 12:10:10 am »
If you are on Windows 10, then you in example can:
1. Right click the Windows symbol and open the Task Manager.
2. Click the Performance Tab
3. Right click the display/ graph that show the full CPU usage and change it to Logical Processors. Then you can see the usage of each CPU core.
(You can also click the Ressource Manager link in the bottom of the Task Managers Performance view to get another way to see the cores. The above method may be best for overview.)

If one of the cores show a very high usage (Don't have to be 100%), then you might overload that core.

Keep in mind, that it's not about which core is used, but about if any core is being overloaded, when you have the issue you describe.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 12:13:20 am by LBH »

dimas410

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 01:35:59 pm »
Thanks for the reply. i'm actually on Mac. I know Logic Pro has the possibility to let you view how each core is being affected but ableton doesn't have this. I'm not sure if there's a task manager like that one on the Mac.

LBH

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 03:59:49 pm »
Your welcome.

I don't know about MAC or Ableton Live.

I know MAC have a Activity Monitor, but i'm not sure it can tell about Core usage. But perhaps it can tell about overload anyway.
I don't know how to read Lives CPU meter.
I can suggest you search for informations about this on the web.

If a MAC have a High Performance mode for the power settings, then i can suggest you set it to that.

Also i can suggest you try to lower your soundcard buffers and/ or the samplerate setting if it's over 48000 Hz, to see if this can fix the issue.

If you are on Big Sur and new Apple CPUs, then keep  in mind, that Arturia products not yet is cleared to run on that.

If there is an issue like this with Analog Lab on a MAC, then Arturia will know. So you can allways ask Arturia support.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 04:03:02 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines