March 28, 2024, 10:08:51 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: the Mini Moog sound on Roundabout ???  (Read 3370 times)

engineerjoel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
the Mini Moog sound on Roundabout ???
« on: February 18, 2021, 08:29:44 pm »
Does any one know if there a patch-preset available within the factory patch-list that replicates Rick Wakeman's MiniMoog sound on Roundabout?

thanks,

« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:31:25 pm by engineerjoel »

LBH

Re: the Mini Moog sound on Roundabout ???
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:14 pm »
Hi,

I don't think i remember a minimoog sound on Yes Roundabout. Is'nt it mostly organ?
Or which version of Roundabout do you mean?

I can suggest you check the Lead sounds in Mini V.
You can also use the search function. If there in example Wakeman are mentioned in a comment or whereever, then the preset will show up, if you use Wakeman as search word.

bpeterson1123

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 07:39:07 pm »
I believe the middle part is an organ, not a Minimoog.

engineerjoel

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 08:58:26 pm »
Let me rephrase the question. 

For those of you who have actually listened to the song, you would be aware of the Mini Moog line this is played at the beginning of the 2nd @1:25 and 3rd verse @2:21. 

Or if you need a refresher course, please visit the Youtube link below that has the isolated Mini Moog.  Fast Forward to 9:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFisOTDzGuE&t=875s .

Thanks,

LBH

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:01:57 pm »
Let me rephrase the question. 

For those of you who have actually listened to the song, you would be aware of the Mini Moog line this is played at the beginning of the 2nd @1:25 and 3rd verse @2:21. 

Or if you need a refresher course, please visit the Youtube link below that has the isolated Mini Moog.  Fast Forward to 9:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFisOTDzGuE&t=875s .

Thanks,
Well - No one even had to know the song or listen to the whole 7-8 minuttes song to hear  a 2-3 seconds synth line, if you had been precise from the beginning.
You are rude to reply the way you do - playing a very negative School Of Rock.

I was clearly right, that mostly organ was used in Yes version of Roundabout, if only 2 times 2-3 seconds was synth.
And the middle part was clearly played on organ like bpeterson1123 also wrote. The "famous" Yes - Rick Wakeman Roundabout solo is done on an organ.

You did'nt mention Yes or the 1971-72 Fragile album for that matter. Yes have had others on Keyboards - like Patrick Moraz on the 1973-74 album Relayer.
How to know, that you did'nt mean Wakemans newer version of Roundabout from the solo album Two Sides of Yes from this century, where there is much more synth involved, and the short synth line you mention is'nt vital like you think it was and is?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FczZbqVVl08
We guessed it anyway - even without being rude to you.
I even asked, if you meant another version.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:06:32 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines