April 19, 2024, 04:03:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pigment 3rd party expansion file size increased!  (Read 1177 times)

Xenox.AFL

Pigment 3rd party expansion file size increased!
« on: November 15, 2020, 06:44:40 pm »
Hello all,

finally i found the time to do a expansion for Pigments, really great synth and it's very funny to work on it...

But i had a problem, i added my own samples in Pigments and with every preset i'm doing with the samples, the file size of the exported expansion increased a lot, is there a way to change this?

Frank ./. www.particular-sound.de

LBH

Re: Pigment 3rd party expansion file size increased!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2020, 10:57:36 pm »
Hi,

I think that each preset include a used sample, even if another  preset is using the same sample  in a exported bank, if that's what you do. But i can't tell for sure. You can test it and get your own conclusion.
You can also test how it work, when you import the bank.

Arturias soundbanks/ expansions come with an installer, or is installed directly from the webstore.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 10:59:58 pm by LBH »

tomwolfe

• Apprentice
    • tomwolfe.co.uk
Re: Pigment 3rd party expansion file size increased!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 11:55:25 am »
Hey Frank! So I had the same problem when I released my Recapture soundbank, to the point where the final file size was huge. I contacted Arturia about it and they basically told me that each preset stores the samples that are used in it. So if you use the same sample in 10 different presets, it'll store that sample 10 times in the soundbank, obviously inflating the size.

I did suggest to them that they make it so that with soundbanks, it stores the sample once in the soundbank rather than with each preset, and they said they'd look in to it. Unlikely to happen though I imagine!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines